Author Topic: Main ramp Johoba ramp closed yesterday at Bartlett lake  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Main ramp Johoba ramp closed yesterday at Bartlett lake
« on: April 12, 2014, 09:19 AM »
Word is TNF closed the main ramp at Bartlett yesterday at 5pm due to low water :dontknow: problem is TNF goes off of SRP daily water website and they never updated their lake levels and boat launches after the big extension was added to the ramp so there is probably enough water to launch safely but it is closed so you will need to launch off the dirt point way down below the ramp or remotely up lake :angry4:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Main ramp Johoba ramp closed yesterday at Bartlett lake
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53 PM »
if SRP website is updating right it looks like they just started releasing water from the salt side today and slightly reduced releases from bartett and a small flow coming out of horse shoe :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:49 PM »
I was there yesterday and still same situation. I could have launched from ramp with ease. I should have toom a picture but Sunday was a mad house. Wind got so bad lots of people decided to leave right has I got boat on tralier. This lady next to me is holding her pontoon boat in water screaming at her friends to hurry  and get tralier in water wind is too strong for her. Why did she not just drop off friends and back boat out into deeper water like most people ? I ended up helping out and finally got boat on tralier was a nightmare. I wish they would hurry and get whatever it is they are doing done. Is Horeshoe full anyone?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:11 AM »
I was there yesterday and still same situation. I could have launched from ramp with ease. I should have toom a picture but Sunday was a mad house. Wind got so bad lots of people decided to leave right has I got boat on tralier. This lady next to me is holding her pontoon boat in water screaming at her friends to hurry  and get tralier in water wind is too strong for her. Why did she not just drop off friends and back boat out into deeper water like most people ? I ended up helping out and finally got boat on tralier was a nightmare. I wish they would hurry and get whatever it is they are doing done. Is Horeshoe full anyone?

horse shoe is at like 61% but it is a small lake so even when they dump it into bartett it will not fill the lake to full or even anywhere near it, at the rate bartlett is dropping even when they release water I bet it doesn't get to the SB cove ramp :dontknow:

there have been idiots trying to launch and retrieve even when the main ramp was in the water, it gets frustrating :angry4:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 06:03 AM »
SRP did the complete switch to the salt side yesterday with minimal releases from bartlett so it should drop the lake much slower now and eventually SRP will dump horse shoe into bartlett when they are done with the work on the dam.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal