Author Topic: Fished Thursday the 16th  (Read 3748 times)

Offline azbohunter

Fished Thursday the 16th
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:35 PM »
Made a day trip to Alamo yesterday. I had been there a week ago and did fair hitting shore line fish so started out the same way this trip. Resulted in 1 small male in a spot where we had caught a 1/2 dozen last week. Tried several spots over a period of 3 hours with no luck and decided to try some long line trolling with minnows. Wound up with 16 fish, two different year classes it seemed with 5 fish in the 15" range and the rest being about 11-12". Fished the west side of lake off points in 12 to 20 feet of water. Most all fish were females with eggs. Water temp was 65 @ 7AM and mid 70's by afternoon. Surface temp, hot w/no wind and it heats up fast.
There were several boats fishing south of the first buoy line towards the center of the lake. I had another boat tell us they had ventured into the group long enough see that they were catching mostly small fish but they were catching fish!
The area we fished was between the two buoy lines (closer to the south one) and where there are 4 or 5 smaller coves and points. Fish were scattered along that shore line, nothing deep into the coves, mostly off points or just inside of point of cove side.
Again, we used plain minnows, two lines, one hook per line. I did try a jig/tipped but nothing so went back to plain hook and two small split shot, @ .08 MPH.
Wish I had a better report but it is better than nothing.
I did hear from another member who said he knew of a AZCA member who caught 28 pounding the bank. He said, most coves zero but found fish and caught them all in the same area. This is second hand but from good people! Maybe they will post a report :)
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Papermouth

Re: Fished Thursday the 16th
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:59 PM »
hey azbohunter great fishing and report, thanks for sharing!

Wish I had a better report but it is better than nothing.

16 is far better than nothing. Only a select few have caught 16 or more in a day this year.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Fished Thursday the 16th
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 04:17 PM »
Nice job azbohunter and thanks for the report.  16 crappie is a great report anywhere. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal