Author Topic: This Aint No Joke, Spring Crappie-Fest 2011 is at Roosevelt Lake!  (Read 3590 times)

Piscolli

This is the big annual spring event of the AZCA. It is an open meeting, fishing trip and camp out for all registered users of azcrappie.com, not just AZCA members. If your not already an official AZCA member, this would be a great chance for you to meet some of the crew and see is the AZCA is for you.

SCF 2011 begins Friday April 1st, 3 pm at the Goose Loop inside of the Grapevine Recreation Area, Roosevelt Lake AZ. Friday night is for camp set up, a BBQ and a bonfire. Saturday the 2nd at 7 am there will be a fishing derby followed by an AZCA meeting at 4 pm and a big old fish fry! Sunday morning is breakfast, tear down and head home.

I personally want to thank you for your participation on azcrappie.com. If you have any questions about our club that you don't find the answer for here on our site, feel free to contact me or any of our club officers.

Me, Jay and Repo (Team Cream Puff) hope to see you at Spring Crappie-Fest 2011!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:33 PM by Piscolli »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: This Aint No Joke, Spring Crappie-Fest 2011 is at Roosevelt Lake!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Sounds like fun!  I'd like to meet some of the fishermen I see on the water.  I've never camped at Roosevelt or attended this event.  Do people bring their families (kids 7, 5, and 3) or do most people who attend this not bring kids?  Do we need to RSVP/register for this event to secure an area to camp?  I am a registered user of this site (obviously since I can post here), but didn't know there was such a thing as being a member of AZCA. Can you provide me a link to what that entails/means or respond here?  I'll probably have more questions once the date gets closer but I've put it on my calender.

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:24 PM »
Sounds like fun!  I'd like to meet some of the fishermen I see on the water.  I've never camped at Roosevelt or attended this event.  Do people bring their families (kids 7, 5, and 3) or do most people who attend this not bring kids?  Do we need to RSVP/register for this event to secure an area to camp?  I am a registered user of this site (obviously since I can post here), but didn't know there was such a thing as being a member of AZCA. Can you provide me a link to what that entails/means or respond here?  I'll probably have more questions once the date gets closer but I've put it on my calender.

Kids are always welcome and camp for free. This site was created by the AZCA as a means of communication for the club and to share/ report on Crappie fishing.

Here is a link that should answer your questions. Attached at the bottom of the post is a 2011/2012 AZCA Member App. http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,242.msg1287.html

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 07:15 AM »
man im cranked allready, looks like it could be an excellent spring, cant wait. the rats have been grabbin the rods out of the rodholder and fetchin them to me. i scored a bunch of beatle spins just for the clip spinners. im going back to past success. :dance:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 05:14 PM »
Hmmm, you'll have to share what beetle spins and clip spinners are....  if they work that is.  Otherwise, I don't need to know :).  I'm excited too.  I'm already blocking out the March trip with my wife and then of course April one too.  Unsure if I'm bringing kids or not though. 

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 07:14 AM »
beatle spins are jigs with cheap plastics grubs and hooks. but they come with a little spinner ofset from the hook. the spinner has a clip to attach the jigs. so i use good red hook jigs with kalins or yum babybeaves and put them on the clip spinner. so it runs actually like a spinner bait.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Sounds like my kind of fun.  What are the rules for the fishing derby?  What kind of prizes?
Rocky

Offline boatpeople

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 11:50 AM »
 Bill,can you set up a printable form for attending SCF. You have done this in the past and it has saved a lot of time.
Also if you could do the same for our renewal which I think comes due at SCF. Thanks,see you at SCF.
         Jack and Norma

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 12:05 PM »
SCF 2011 begins Friday April 1st, 3 pm at the Goose Loop inside of the Grapevine Recreation Area, Roosevelt Lake AZ. Friday night is for camp set up, a BBQ and a bonfire.

Hey Piscolli & Hawk  (aka bill x2)

Did I dream this or did you mention at the last meeting that AZCA Members are able to camp starting on Thursday afternoon with Non-Members arriving on Friday?  If this is the case, I'll be taking a vacation day for thursday night & show up at the Goose loop early Thursday am. 

LLL

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 11:25 AM »
You had better put in for that vacation day. open back seat thursday. I'll be their early.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal