Author Topic: How to handle this gigantic water?  (Read 10332 times)

Offline Skeeterpeter

How to handle this gigantic water?
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:53 PM »
I've fished this lake a lot with no success. It seems like it should hold some good fish is there something I'm missing or is it not such a good crappie fishery? I feel like the numbers could be bad but I've had trouble doing catching all over az anyways so it's probably me! Any help would be great here being it's close to the house and has good bars ;-)
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline ArZFisher

Re: How to handle this gigantic water?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:28 PM »
I do know they are in their. I live 20 mins from lake and dont fish it that often for your reasons.  Last year their was a good report once up river. I hear a lot of people going up the river and  finding them.Strippers in their sure make it tought for them crappies my guess. I have fished it many times looking for those slabs with not one ever caught my self from Pleasant. Lakes Bartlett, Roosevelt Alamo are some of the best close to valley.

I head to Bartlett most the time myself cause its the closest out of the 3. Almo is good but gets lots of presure. With that said there was reports of 25-50 caught at night.  Roosevelt I cant say much. I have only caught them at night over by marina under lights. Dont give up on them slabs its just been a tough year for many crappie fisherman.  I just fished Bartlett yesterday and lil tonight with 5 to show. That doubles what I have caught all year. Look for more details in Bartlett fishing report ill post up later.

Offline Skeeterpeter

Re: How to handle this gigantic water?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Yeah a lot of the trees and brush upriver look really suspect for crappies! Five on Bart would be a great day! I'm in California till Thursday for sure maybe till Sunday thinking of going end of this week or early next week to Bart but not sure I have all my equipment up to par yet.
Wishin I was fishin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal