Author Topic: One hell of a storm  (Read 6491 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
One hell of a storm
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:02 AM »
I am at 3.01" of rain and still raining here in the slope, people still actually trying to get to work, DPS is saying stay home :o one news station saying stay home, you got to be nuts to be trying to get to work :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: One hell of a storm
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:43 AM »
2 detours, 20 minute drive turned out to be 1 hour, passed by several accidents, multiple stoplights out, it was crazy.  Hope this fills up the lakes a little.  Hopefully tonto forest and desert reservoirs are getting it as well.

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:00 AM »
22 mile trip to work. No issues until I got to less than a mile from the office (Chandler Blvd @ Kyrene). We live at a golf course and one of their lakes was just about to overflow.

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:25 AM »
Maricopa County Flood Control Map:
http://alert.fcd.mar...hp/metrop24.php

Arizona USGS Gauges:
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/az/nwis/rt

ADOT Valley Webcams:
http://www.az511.gov.../files/cameras/
I10 - E of 43 Ave has flooded vehicles
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 08:26 AM »
I just drove home from work at the airport to east mesa. Saw multiple accidents on both ways of the 202/Red Mountain Freeway. A lot of hydroplaning on the freeways. On the surface streets it is worse. Rivers flowing down the streets. Glad I don't live out west, that looked much worse. My pool is about to about to overflow. Worst I've seen since moving here in '01.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline sandman

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 08:38 AM »
I just drove home from work at the airport to east mesa. Saw multiple accidents on both ways of the 202/Red Mountain Freeway. A lot of hydroplaning on the freeways. On the surface streets it is worse. Rivers flowing down the streets. Glad I don't live out west, that looked much worse. My pool is about to about to overflow. Worst I've seen since moving here in '01.

I noticed that a couple of times before on the Red Mountain. That freeway was poorly designed for drainage. My trip down the 101 to Chandler Blvd is mostly elevated and was draining well. Only saw one spot (in the HOV lane around US60) where anybody hydroplaned. Most folks were driving safely.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 02:10 PM »
My pool and back yard flooded. Had to rent a pool pump. If I wouldn't have gotten that pump I probably would have water in the house.   

Offline Rob

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 03:25 PM »
I left Gilbert and had to be at 63 ave / Bell rd this morning was going to be there at 5 am showed up at 6:30 am 2.5 hours of detours flooded roads and rain. I should of stayed home, but the job needed to be done. The drive back was a killer to with all the highways closed.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 03:34 PM »
I was going to go dove hunting, think they probably had plenty of water!

my rain gauge looked like a a gas pump just kept clipping upward all morning.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 10:32 PM »
It was crazy out there this morning.  Whats usually a 20 min drive to work turned into 2.5 hrs. Got to work and our back lot was flooded almost to doors. So I thought I might throw a line and see what's biting. Another hard day at work.....see pic
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:34 PM by ArZFisher »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal