Author Topic: 2014 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic  (Read 9262 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
2014 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic
« on: September 09, 2014, 05:10 PM »
The 2014 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic will be held the weekend of Friday, October 3rd thru Sunday, October 5th at Roosevelt Lake - Grapevine Group Site - Goose Loop.  This is our club's annual fall campout, fishing derby and open meeting.  The Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic is not only open to all AZCA members, but registered users of this website along with their families are welcome to join us for a fun filled weekend.

Camping:
We are camping for the weekend at the Grapevine Group Site campgrounds in the Goose Loop.  The Goose Loop has its own centrally located restrooms, water spigots, one 110v outlet, a community fire pit, covered Ramada’s w/ picnic tables and charcoal BBQ grills. Plenty of room for a good time! Surrounding the center gathering area are approximately 20 individual campsites, each with parking, a picnic table and a fire pit. There are NO electric or water hookups at the campsites.  Please see the attached "Camping Form" for more information.  One thing to note, the Goose Loop will be available to all reregistered users of this site beginning on 3pm Friday, October 3rd.

AZCA Members Only Day:
AZCA Member's Only day will be on Thursday, October 2nd.  The Goose Loop will be open starting at 9am for AZCA Members ONLY to start setting up camp. 

Fishing Derby:
The club will have a fishing derby on Saturday, October 4th from 6am to 3pm.  Prizes will be awarded to derby & big fish winners.  This is a private event for members of the Arizona Crappie Association, registered users of www.azcrappie.com and their family.  Please see the attached "Fishing Derby Form" for more information along with the derby rules & regulations.  The Chamberlin Cup will once again be awarded to the derby winners - here's your chance to get your derby team's name engraved on the Chamberlin Cup.

AZCA Open Meeting:
The official AZCA club meeting will be on Saturday, October 4th around 4pm.  This will be the final open meeting for this year for those interested in prospecting or possibly joining the Arizona Crappie Association.

Fish Fry and Potluck Dinner:
Also on Saturday, October 4th starting around 5 - 5:30pm the club's fantastic fish fry and potluck dinner begins.  If you're joining us, please bring a dish to pass. 

Schedule of Weekend Events:
Thursday 9am - AZCA Members Only Day
Friday 3pm - Non AZCA members who are camping with us can enter the Goose Loop and set up their camp site.
Friday 5pm - The AZCA will provide the charcoal for an open BBQ/ grill dinner. There are 2 massive grills with plenty of room for whatever you want to cook.
Saturday 6am - Fishing Derby begins.  Please see the attached "Fishing Derby Form" for more info along with the rules & regulations.
Saturday 3pm - Derby weigh in back at the Goose Loop group site where we'll announce this year's "Chamberlin Cup" champions.
Saturday 4pm - Open AZCA Meeting held by Club President Tom Larson, along with a few words from Art Chamberlin.
Saturday 5pm - Fish cleaning, fish fry and pot luck dinner begins
Sunday 8am - pack out begins, everyone has to be out no later than noon or when the last AZCA member leaves the site.

Hope to see you there…..
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 05:42 PM by cousinlll »

Offline sandman

Re: 2014 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 07:34 PM »
We will be there Thursday around noon.

Bringing the fryers.

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:56 AM »
We may not make it until Friday night but we are coming, and we're coming for the Chamberlin Cup!

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:30 AM »
I'll be there first thing Thursday morning. Team _______ is in the house to win....

Offline Rob

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 05:19 PM »
You guys have a fish off going on? :sign0151:

Offline Get The Net

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 09:32 AM »
I will be participating.   Sounds great. I attended the Derby last year but was unable to complete because of a family emergency. I'm looking forward to this one.  I do have a couple of questions in regards to the membership process.  How does the open meeting work. My wife and I are  interested in becoming members.  We both are retired Military and love Crappie fishing. Can someone give me a call or email me at your convenience as to how it works.  520-508-1788 or dirtyred5858@gmail.com. We live part time at Roosevelt Lake so if there is anything we can do to help. Just let us know

Offline sandman

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 11:13 AM »
I will be participating.   Sounds great. I attended the Derby last year but was unable to complete because of a family emergency. I'm looking forward to this one.  I do have a couple of questions in regards to the membership process.  How does the open meeting work. My wife and I are  interested in becoming members.  We both are retired Military and love Crappie fishing. Can someone give me a call or email me at your convenience as to how it works.  520-508-1788 or dirtyred5858@gmail.com. We live part time at Roosevelt Lake so if there is anything we can do to help. Just let us know

Hey Dwayne, we were wondering what happened to you guys. Hope everything is OK now.

You guys have been to one open meeting. Show up for one more open meeting, fill out an app, pay your pro-rated dues and we will vote you in. Full dues will be due again in the spring.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 12:30 PM »
Email sent…..

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 03:44 PM »
You guys have a fish off going on? :sign0151:
Yep, see links at top of this thread (the first post).

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 06:47 AM »
Looks like we will be heading south this wed. (9/24) I plan to make the BHCC but it will be a close call. "If" I get there I can clean fish or whatever,,, I will also bring my generator again. Not sure "if" John is going to make it,, I my have an open seat. Lots of "IF's" but it's the best I can do today.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal