Author Topic: replaceing my cheap fishfinder  (Read 9159 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
replaceing my cheap fishfinder
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:05 PM »
 got home from the 4th in pinetop, hiking trip not fishing, to hear a high pitch alarm coming from my boat. turns out my older lowrance x135 fishfinder is running its alarm, for how long I don't know but it ran all sunday afternnon till Brenda found the source of the noise.
so it probably just died and it was so badly used I had to get just the right reflection off the sun to reed it. anyhow I want to replace but want to stay under 5bills and I want to use one that can hook into the blue connector hook ups that already run through the boat. I cant seem to find a slight, color, uprade. I can get a replacemmnt from craigs list. but does anyone of u know what series or model will still use the blue connectors and be a slight upgrade in size or color graph?

Offline ArZFisher

Re: replaceing my cheap fishfinder
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:25 PM »
My lowrance hds5x has the blue connectors. I believe All hds models have blue plugs dont quote me thou.

Offline CaptainMorgan3

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:52 PM »
I have an elite 5 HDI.  I'm not sure what is meant by "blue plugs".  But I will try and post a pic of mine.  Love the down scan imaging for identifying structure.  I do wish it was a little bigger at times though.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48 AM »
thx guys. its not the hdi. I think the hds is the correct answer and will follow up.

Offline CaptainMorgan3

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23 AM »
Well if that's the case...maybe this would work out good for you.  I thought about buying it before I just went for a brand new unit instead.
http://www.azbasszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180370

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:04 PM »
thx captain that unit is perfect but im thinking for another 75 to get new one, really I don't want to even spend 400. im thinking maybe craigs list to just replace the x135. color I don't need no stinking color.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal