Author Topic: Big Bart  (Read 103644 times)

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
Re: Big Bart
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Seems to me,,, when the water is rising,,, fish tend to go shallow for "new" food. When the water drops... the fish tend to go deeper for security. Keeping that in mind,,, you will find the fish,, shallow,,, deep,,, or somewhere in between :dance:
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 06:08 AM »
So do you think they will start following same pattern as last year? I believe it
Started to drop about this time last year and fish began being caught. Another question
Do you think the crappie pop is the same throughout the lake? Or do they tend to
Hold towards where the river comes in?

each year is different, weather, water temps etc. will make it an adventure and different lakes react different to changing conditions. You have to look and find
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 12:39 PM »
Planning to go tomorrow,,, where can I find minnows. Starting from Sun City? Would I "need" them????
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Marina is where I get them everytime I have never caught a crappie in az without them...
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 01:30 PM »
Call Bartlett lake marina at (602) 316-3378 and ask if they have minnows and what time they open.  I heard the store burned down but they have apparently a place somewhere nearby down near the water that sells minnows as well.  Other option would be Cabellas - do they sell?  Not sure north/west side where they sell minnows.  Bass Pro, Liars Corner, and D&R Baits all sell on the east side but that's out of your way and always call first.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 03:14 PM »
The wild horse off lake pleasant parkway has them. 

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 04:21 PM »
The store on the dock at Bartlett sells them little trailer burnt down. Call them make sure they have them bass pro gets them on Tuesdays I believe maybe Wednesdays. So they should have them now (tho the don't last as long in my opinion)
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 04:43 PM »
if from Sun city you run out  99th to north lake pleasant parkway, I believe Wild Horse Bar and Grill almost always has minnows , Then just stay on that highway to Carefree, I have not been there since April but they were always open at 7am call first , We have had good luck at the Marina on Bartlett as well again as someone suggested call first .

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 04:46 PM »
The marina does not have them at Bartlett, another member was told two weeks ago that it would be at least 6 weeks before they got any.  I get mine at Cabela's because it is the closest to me and I get them the night before I am going.  Wild Horse has them but not sure when they open.

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 07:17 PM »
Just returned from Bartlett after 9 days of "NON-Catching"---I, like Sparkchaser, found many schools, various places around the lake, including Alder Cove and Cat Bay----35-50 feet of water, huge schools---water temp dropped to 73 degrees, down from 78-79 degrees 9 days ago---several facts:

Crappie fishing in Bartlett changes, not only frequently in time but rapidly---last year was the first year where literally thousands of Crappie were caught around the Island ( easy math, boats were fishing 7 days a week and many catching 30-50 fish per day)

Each year seems to have a different "Hot Spot"---(I have fished that lake for 41 years)

Crappie are Crappie----( --you experienced guys will understand that)

SRP sucking water out extremely fast this year--had to move the boat ea night or trailer it --option was having it dry docked in the morning--

--my guess---late late October , depending on water temp, the massive schools will become extremely aggressive and the fun will begin--

regarding minnows---Bartlett will not have minnows for about 5 more weeks---now it doesn't matter---you could put lipstick on a good lookin female minnow and the Crappie would/will still ignore it--

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal