Author Topic: Big Bart  (Read 104136 times)

Offline sandman

Re: Big Bart
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 08:15 PM »
Just returned from Bartlett after 9 days of "NON-Catching"--- several facts :ecomcity::

Crappie fishing in Bartlett changes, not only frequently in time but rapidly  :dontknow: ---last year was the first year where literally thousands of Crappie were caught around the Island ( easy math, boats were fishing 7 days a week and many catching 30-50 fish per day) We NEVER caught even one fish there

Each year seems to have a different "Hot Spot"---(I have fished that lake for 41 years)  :happy1:

Crappie are Crappie----  :lol_hitting:

regarding minnows---Bartlett will not have minnows for about 5 more weeks--- Same as I reported 2 weeks ago while on a huge bite but thanks for saying it again.now it doesn't matter---you could put lipstick on a good lookin female minnow and the Crappie would/will still ignore it--  :sign0103:  Having watched you troll around us as well as pull your tubing guests through where we are fishing I know for a fact you do not understand the Crappie at Bartlett as well as one who's fished it "41 years" should by now.  PLENTY of fish in that lake and the bite is already on fire if you know where to find it.   

Hmmmmmm. Good info.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 07:42 AM »
I am pretty new at AZ crappie fishing , but It has occurred to me that some pretty basic northern tactics are never mentioned here , My question is has anyone tried waxies or meal worms on a very small jig , flu flu etc ??? These Ice fishing tactics often work in open water when things get tough , the small size of the bait does not influence the size of the fish up north as biologists there figure insects and larve make up a large part of the crappies diet up north . Recently the crappie bite was in a slump and we switched to blue gills and tiny baits as we accidently moved to deeper water ( wind) we began catching some very nice crappies . Maybe we need to change up our tactics for tight mouthed crappies , again has anyone tried it here?

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 12:36 PM »
Who's the tube puller? I strictly fish good info thank you very much desert rat I'm heading out now to Try it out... We will see I'll have a report towards dark!
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 12:57 PM »
I am pretty new at AZ crappie fishing , but It has occurred to me that some pretty basic northern tactics are never mentioned here , My question is has anyone tried waxies or meal worms on a very small jig , flu flu etc ??? These Ice fishing tactics often work in open water when things get tough , the small size of the bait does not influence the size of the fish up north as biologists there figure insects and larve make up a large part of the crappies diet up north . Recently the crappie bite was in a slump and we switched to blue gills and tiny baits as we accidently moved to deeper water ( wind) we began catching some very nice crappies . Maybe we need to change up our tactics for tight mouthed crappies , again has anyone tried it here?

I have tried micro jigs that I bought back in Wisconsin and had really good success with them at night.  Never tried waxies though.

Piscolli

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Hmmmmmm. Good info.

The fishing or the tubing?  :lol_hitting:

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Just got back myself. THX! for the minnow info. FYI,, Wild Horse opens at 6:00A.M. Did O.K. I guess,,, until we ran out of minnows. 5 crappies and about 100 or so bass. What kind and color did you bring back from WI???? I forgot mine :banghead: Tried some of John's tube jigs but nadda. I hope this link works http://youtu.be/rNwpN3IZWc8 I just posted it for ALL OF YOU!!!!
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 07:34 PM »
Thanks O for the report.  5 crappies good for a nice fry.  Scary wreck hope everyone was o.k.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Just got back myself. THX! for the minnow info. FYI,, Wild Horse opens at 6:00A.M. Did O.K. I guess,,, until we ran out of minnows. 5 crappies and about 100 or so bass. What kind and color did you bring back from WI???? I forgot mine :banghead: Tried some of John's tube jigs but nadda. I hope this link works http://youtu.be/rNwpN3IZWc8 I just posted it for ALL OF YOU!!!!

Chartreuse and white.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 07:54 PM »
I fished tight line bare hook and also a road runner with minnows up and down north end couldn't find a single crappie got prob thirty bass tho tried deep shallow inbetween. Trees mud rocks coves points and drop offs... What's the prob? Four pound test light rod moved slow/none and fast also. Hugged a road runner with grub tail everywhere every depth with nothing to show!
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Where at in wi are you from? I'm from there too..
Wishin I was fishin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal