Author Topic: Big Bart  (Read 103694 times)

Offline Skeeterpeter

Big Bart
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:44 PM »
Is there anything going on at Bartlet right now? Had minor success last year new to
The area from Midwest fishing is very different here. Any help would be great thanks!
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: Big Bart
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:44 AM »
bart sat. trolled the island up river and up to the bouys. just caught a bunch of small bass. three doubles even all three times I cruised by the tip of the island I doubled up on dink bass.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:27 AM »
Well thanks seems like the results I got a
Few weeks ago wonder if there are any left in there lol
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:42 AM »
Best advise I can give you is to ask questions, then ask more questions and finally keep on asking questions…….   :greengrin:

Crappie fishing has been difficult for most of us lately with hopes that the cooler weather will help the bite.  Lots of guys on this board willing to answer your gear & technique questions, all you have to do is ask.

Originally from the midwest myself so I understand your fishing culture shock.  Long lining 1/16 to 1/8 oz Roadrunners or jigs with Kalin grubs in black blue chartreuse (BBC) or john deer (JD) trolled at .8 or so mph seems to be the mainstay for most of us.  You'll have to experiment with other colors.  Other than locating fish, depth control is your most important factor.  Spider Rigging (Google is your friend) has become more popular here which is slow trolling around .3 or so mph fishing vertical with double minnow rigs or even jigs.  Lots of ways to fish with no right or wrong and one technique works better than another.

Biggest thing - don't give up - it will be frustrating - but keep on fishing as time on the water is your most important learning tool.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 08:45 AM »
Fished Bart on Sunday from 0700 to 1200. We spider rigged deep in cat bay/ yellow cliffs area with drop shot rigs with minnows. Lots of fish on the graph suspended at 35 to 45 FOW. We had four poles out at various depths, but were only able to come up with a bunch of green carp, and catfish.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 08:52 AM »
Thanks! I've came a long way in the way of fishing them I've been doing all that
It just seems to me these fish are more finicky than other places in the us.
Or maybe the numbers just aren't there but that seems very unlikely with the amount of bait
Found in there and the amount of water that is swim able to them. In my opinion
Crappies are the only fish worth catching!
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 08:54 AM »
In my opinion Crappies are the only fish worth catching!

Nice!  You need to hang around here more often……. :headbang:

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 09:39 AM »
I wonder why they cannot be found more often surely they get hungry?
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 05:02 PM »
I wonder why they cannot be found more often surely they get hungry?

lots of food in Bartlett for them to eat they go to the buffet instead of waiting to be seated and served :o lake is plume full of shad and now SRP is dropping the lake so that adds to the equation
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 10:04 PM »
So do you think they will start following same pattern as last year? I believe it
Started to drop about this time last year and fish began being caught. Another question
Do you think the crappie pop is the same throughout the lake? Or do they tend to
Hold towards where the river comes in?
Wishin I was fishin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal