Author Topic: Bartlett 10/18  (Read 12750 times)

Offline Papermouth

Re: Bartlett 10/18
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 07:04 AM »
Good job, Dave!  :thumbsup:
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Rob

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 02:51 PM »
Launched at Yellow Cliffs at 7, and headed up into the river past ship rock. Fished up there working back down to the island until 11:30 netting a bunch of bass and catfish. We were spider rigged with minnows fishing low and slow. We mostly fished deep on the bottom, but did hit some of the brush north of the island before heading into Cat Bay. Found some trees there loaded with crappie and pulled out 9, 8 of which were keepers and came home to the fryer. Most of the fish were 12 inch clones, but we got a couple of decent ones. Ran out of minnows at 1:30, and left them biting. Keep in mind this was my wife's first trip actually fishing on this boat since I got it last summer.

Where is cat bay. Spider rig is 2 hooks right? One at bottom of weight than one on a 3 way 12'' above weight?

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Launched at Yellow Cliffs at 7, and headed up into the river past ship rock. Fished up there working back down to the island until 11:30 netting a bunch of bass and catfish. We were spider rigged with minnows fishing low and slow. We mostly fished deep on the bottom, but did hit some of the brush north of the island before heading into Cat Bay. Found some trees there loaded with crappie and pulled out 9, 8 of which were keepers and came home to the fryer. Most of the fish were 12 inch clones, but we got a couple of decent ones. Ran out of minnows at 1:30, and left them biting. Keep in mind this was my wife's first trip actually fishing on this boat since I got it last summer.

Where is cat bay. Spider rig is 2 hooks right? One at bottom of weight than one on a 3 way 12'' above weight?
Use google maps to find cat bay. Type in Bartlett lake and look uplake just before the river inlet. Spider rigging is fishing with multiple poles out the front of your boat. The rig you are refering to can be tied many different ways. I personally use a drop shot rig with 2 hooks on loop knots, and a bass casting sinker on the bottom.

http://www.crappie.com/articles/spider.htm
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:24 AM by sparkchaser »
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Rob

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 10:39 AM »
Thanks found it.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 01:33 PM »
So cat bay is that next to the no wake floats? I thought that was crappie bay. Cat bay is next to yellow cliffs from my map
Wishin I was fishin.

Piscolli

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 05:19 PM »
So cat bay is that next to the no wake floats? I thought that was crappie bay. Cat bay is next to yellow cliffs from my map

Correct. There is a "Crappie Cove" but Cat Bay is just past the Yellow Cliffs.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 06:27 PM »
Another question for you, in your opinion is there the same amount of catchable fish throughout the whole lake or are the majority of them caught up by the north end? Do fish at the south end hold in the same "type" of cover or are they up by the river channel?
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Another question for you, in your opinion is there the same amount of catchable fish throughout the whole lake or are the majority of them caught up by the north end? Do fish at the south end hold in the same "type" of cover or are they up by the river channel?

they are all over the lake
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Rob

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 07:48 AM »
So is it safe to say, the are moving in schools following the bait fish?

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 09:56 AM »
As Fishless stated, Crappie are all over the lake---I believe most reports come in covering the Cat Bay and Northern portion of the lake. However, many large schools can be found from the dam , north to the upper river. Seldom does one witness a flotilla of boats south of Alder Bay. However, many many great catches occur south, to the dam----Rule #1, find em!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal