Author Topic: 2 stroke OBM  (Read 5149 times)

Offline mojoman

2 stroke OBM
« on: October 24, 2014, 04:52 PM »
 :icon_scratch: New to Arizona and will be purchasing a boat for fishing on Canyon, Roosevelt lakes primarily. Are there any bans on 2 stroke OBM use? Don't really like 4 stroke engines but don't want to be limited on Arizona waters.

Thanks to all that reply.

Piscolli

Re: 2 stroke OBM
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:15 PM »
You must be from California, haha. No, not yet anyway. If you fish fish smaller waters like the Rim Lake you will find motor restrictions. But the "big lakes" are all good.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 05:54 PM »
If you fish smaller waters like the Rim Lake you will find motor restrictions.

Since your new to AZ mojoman and to clarify piscolli's reply a bit - the rim lakes have a 10 hp limit regardless of 2 or 4 stroke. 

Welcome to AZ and our site!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 05:59 AM »
Lake Powell up on AZ/Utah border is doing some restrictions on 2 stroke jet skies etc. don't know about boats :dontknow:

some lakes up north are trolling motor only so don't fire up the gas outboard on some of those lakes
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline mojoman

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 12:06 PM »
Thanks, guys. Not from California but just as bad - upstate NY near Buffalo. Glad to be here especially as winter approaches. I must admit, I will miss ice fishing for Walleye, Perch and Crappie but won't miss shoveling the white stuff.

Tight line and see you on the lakes hopefully soon.

PS - can you give more info on "rim lakes"?

Thanks

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 07:14 AM »
Rim lakes (not being Crappie lakes) are not really dicussed on the site. But there is plenty of info out there. Look up Woods Canyon and Willow Springs for now. That will get you in the right area, the Mogollon Rim.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 09:51 AM »
There's a few Crappie in Willow Springs - caught two out of a tree at one of our outings a few years ago…..

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:27 AM »
I have caught crappie in Fool Hollow, and walleye in both Fool Hollow and Show Low lakes a little further north.
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal