Author Topic: Heading to Bartlett.  (Read 4754 times)

Offline AZfisherdude

Heading to Bartlett.
« on: January 01, 2011, 12:08 PM »
I haven't been up there in quite some time. Thought I'd give it a shot tomorrow. I figured on launching at YC and trolling around that area. Any advice? If any of you guys are out there say hello. I'll be in a red lund shivering  ;D

Piscolli

Re: Heading to Bartlett.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Troll grubs around Cat Bay and up by the no wake buoys

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 01:43 PM »
Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try. I have rigged a couple of poles up differently than I normally do so we'll see how that works out.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 02:34 PM »
We will be out there tomorrow.  We ended up not going today and are going tomorrow instead.  We'll fish across from Echo, Cat bay and the buoy line too.  Red 16 ft lund.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Hey Steve, I think I saw you out there but it was cold and windy pretty much all day until around 4. Then it was beautiful LOL.
I ended up catching a few sunfish, 3 bass, and 1 decent crappie. My buddy caught 1 bass. Pretty fricken cold and slow. Still, I haven't been up there in a long while and I do like the lake. I hope you ended up doing better than us. If that was you I was talking to for a minute...we were commenting on how there were plenty of fish around and tons of shad but no biters.

Oh, and for menrats. There was a particular spot where I did manage to catch my one crappie where a super light bite was. I did several passes and got bites repeatedly but missed. Guess what? No bushes there  :glasses9: JFWYD I know how it is....

I use a tiller troller and in the wind it is real hard to stay in one spot. I think if I could have hovered a bit there than I might have picked up another fish or two.

I also saw several small schools cruising around. Looked like good sized fish. Some schools were 4-8 and others were 10-12 fish.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 12:44 PM »
Hey Steve, I think I saw you out there but it was cold and windy pretty much all day until around 4. Then it was beautiful LOL.
I ended up catching a few sunfish, 3 bass, and 1 decent crappie. My buddy caught 1 bass. Pretty fricken cold and slow. Still, I haven't been up there in a long while and I do like the lake. I hope you ended up doing better than us. If that was you I was talking to for a minute...we were commenting on how there were plenty of fish around and tons of shad but no biters.

Oh, and for menrats. There was a particular spot where I did manage to catch my one crappie where a super light bite was. I did several passes and got bites repeatedly but missed. Guess what? No bushes there  :glasses9: JFWYD I know how it is....

I use a tiller troller and in the wind it is real hard to stay in one spot. I think if I could have hovered a bit there than I might have picked up another fish or two.

I also saw several small schools cruising around. Looked like good sized fish. Some schools were 4-8 and others were 10-12 fish.

Yes that was me.  We had several light bites but no takers.  Definitely fish but who knows what variety.  Bart has lots of pesky bluegill.  In any event, I was marking lots of fish and tons of shad but no takers in the lot.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Hmmm, good point. I guess it could have been bluegill in the spot I kept passing over. I gave up on it after a while but once you catch a crappie there and then keep getting bites........ Bluegill could be the case though. Usually when I catch them it is a very aggressive bite though. Then again I don't catch them often when trolling. Ah well, Only really been after the crappie since last year. I have a lot of learning to do :)

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 02:37 PM »
I usually just blame it on the blue-gill because we're supposed to be good / smart/ lucky enough to catch the crappie !!!! lol

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 02:50 PM »
Yeah, when I'm getting hits and not catching I always blame the bluegil. I know I'm not "that bad" lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal