Author Topic: Bart 11/08  (Read 2566 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Bart 11/08
« on: November 08, 2014, 05:40 PM »
Fished Bart before the meeting. Launched at 7 from yellow cliffs, and headed up river past ship rock. Lake is down 10 feet from 3 weeks ago, water temps mid 60's at launch low 70's at noon, water slightly stained. Worked my way back to cat bay, stopping along the way at exposed brush piles, and also working the bottom of the river channel. Saw tons of fish on the graph at every stop. Could only get bass to bite until about 10 minutes before I was going to head in catching a 8 inch crappie. Picked him up off the top of a tree in 35 FOW. I released it, only to find it belly up about 5 minutes later. So, I donated it to another boat.  Beauty day on the water weather wise.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bart 11/08
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:02 PM »
Thanks for the details sparkchaser.  I also got on the water around 7:30 and we headed to some trees in Cat Bay.  Got right on top of them and put some bare minnows down to the bottom in 35-45ft of water and didn't get a bite.  Tried several trees and then headed up stream past the no wake buoys and talked to lots of boats and many were crappie fishing but I didn't hear anyone pulling out crappie.  We caught over a dozen of fish x and no crappie all in over 20ft of water or deeper.  Tried shallower near trees casting in but no bites.  10 boat flotilla max at one point and then they all scattered elsewhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal