Author Topic: Bartlett - It is what it is  (Read 7803 times)

Offline gonfishin

Bartlett - It is what it is
« on: November 17, 2014, 08:35 AM »
Why are some so hung up on the crappie situation at Bartlett? The lake goes thru cycles - has for years and will for years to come. The 15 fish limit is just another attempt to change Mother Nature. Leave it alone - it'll be just fine.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Re: Bartlett - It is what it is
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:52 AM »
???? Confused here please elaborate.

SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:43 AM »
Read Bass thread.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 11:10 AM »
It was a simple question. There are an abundance of small bass in that lake. Not saying change anything just wondering.
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 07:02 PM »
bartlett has never cycled like it has now in the last 7+years, much much different lake as far as crappie than in the past
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 11:31 AM »
I disagree. Yesterday I boated 13 crappies - two at 2.0 lbs. Only threw back two under 10 inches.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Ok what really is this tread about?  I agree with Fishless. After fishing Bartlett heavy for past 4 years this year is different.  Good to see you got 13 slabs. This time last year and year before we were getting anywhere from 25 to 50 slabs. This year was not a good year for the slabs at Bartlett.  Hopefully next next year will be better.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 09:54 PM »
I'm headed out tomorrow afternoon I'll see how it goes..
Wishin I was fishin.

Piscolli

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 06:20 AM »
Ok what really is this tread about?  I agree with Fishless. After fishing Bartlett heavy for past 4 years this year is different.  Good to see you got 13 slabs. This time last year and year before we were getting anywhere from 25 to 50 slabs. This year was not a good year for the slabs at Bartlett.  Hopefully next next year will be better.

When it come to Bartlett, I always agree with Fishless. He has been fishing Crappie there for decades and know just about every tree, rock pile and drop off in the lake.

I've been fishing Crappie there for 10 years, many of which I was fairly blind. Then I went out with Fishless and learned how to fish it in a few hours. After that I had days where I'd catch 20 to 40 Crappie in 3 or 4 hours.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 08:16 AM »

When it come to Bartlett, I always agree with Fishless. He has been fishing Crappie there for decades and know just about every tree, rock pile and drop off in the lake.

I've been fishing Crappie there for 10 years, many of which I was fairly blind. Then I went out with Fishless and learned how to fish it in a few hours. After that I had days where I'd catch 20 to 40 Crappie in 3 or 4 hours.
To go along with this you have a guy that spends 14 days camped and fishing at Bart periodically throughout the year. Presently, and in years past. His success rate isn't so hot right now. I've fished Bart hard the last two years trying to figure that lake out. This year has been tough, last year not so much. Maybe it will turn on now with the weather change.
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal