Author Topic: cold weather blues or trouble?  (Read 8133 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
cold weather blues or trouble?
« on: January 02, 2011, 04:51 PM »
get to rosey at 10 put boat motor fires right up. park and come back. fire up engine and by the time i troll to the bouys the no oil light fires. shut er down and wait a little. fir er up and 30 secs later same warning. so two flares of the engine im on the dock. two more and im on the trailer. back to cg. boat sits in the sun till 330. fire it up and it runs in the driveway for ten minutes no troubles.
150 oil injection 04 evinrude. only rig at schoolhouse the sheriff said there were two rigs at windy abd one at cholla. i had them slabs all to myself chit.
so just a temp freeze issue, it was down to low20s last night, or do i got more issues?  :dontknow:

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Re: cold weather blues or trouble?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:23 PM »
check oil level, check oil pickup screen/filter for blockage, check VRO pump. Mine uste to do the something, it was the F'n VRO pump ($325 for the pump i put it in)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:12 AM »
ouch vro pump 325. how bout i just dump oil into the gas tank for awhile. that was my old mans solution. taking it in this morn for a look see. frickin whip out another 5 bills chit.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:19 AM »
how bout i just dump oil into the gas tank for awhile. that was my old mans solution.

That's how we did it growing up in my parent's boat as well. But with my new boat, I can't do that. And if it can, I couldn't find out how. When my oil level got too low in my tank the boat just shut down. Didn't matter if I put oil in the fuel or not. The motor didn't detect oil from the reserve so it said "No way, I'm not working" Just a thought before you try putting the oil in there.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 07:16 AM »
thx guys i just got back from superstition marine . told john and firdt thing he said was, are you using cheap. i said no the pennzoil semi synth from bps. he gave me hell, again, for not spening the big bucks on evenrude oil. anyway he said the oil got so thick from the cold it wouldnt pull through the very small hole it goes through to the engine. case solved.no money spent. its all good.

Offline wally g

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 07:21 AM »
sounds like cold temp.problem.
do you use syn.blend it may help,
i use it in my 200 yamaha works great year round.

wally g

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Yeah, I got a load of crap a few years ago for the oil I was using when I took my boat to Performance Marine. The oil had reeked havoc on my internals and I had to spend up around 1,500 to fix it all. Now I use nothing but the Evinrude Synthetic.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 07:17 PM »
no kidding holy smoke 35 per gal sounds cheap all of a sudden.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Yup, that was exactly my thought!

T.K.O n Da Crappie

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:39 PM »
Can you get the Evinrude Synthetic oil cheaper in bulk anywhere?

$35 a gallon.......Yikes!  :banghead:

TKO

:dance:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal