Author Topic: Bait for Alamo 1/08  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Halibut Warrior

Bait for Alamo 1/08
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:16 PM »
Does anyone know for sure if there is a store open for Minnows @ or near the Lake?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bait for Alamo 1/08
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:30 AM »

Alamo lake store (run by the state parks dept) is right before the main launch, they normally have minnow right there (but I would call to make sure they have not run out) because there is no other place close to the lake that has minnows. If I remember right the store opens at 8am but again a quick call will confirm that, they are really nice people there at the store and they have things like bread,milk and other things and fishing tackle in case you forget something.

Alamo lake store
Contact the Park:
(928) 669-2088
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:19 PM »
I just called and they have plenty of minnows. We will be at the store at 8.

Offline Halibut Warrior

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 05:47 AM »
Thanks you guys.  See you out there.
Safe travels,
Joe

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 07:09 AM »
is the ten construction at the bridge gunna cost us a bunch of time? you goin if its gunna rain?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:14 AM »
have not been out on the 10 in a month or so but friends say if you hit it wrong (rush hour) etc. it can be backed up over 3 miles and you crawl, if you go through realllllll early it is not to bad, depending on where you live you might take the wickenburg way, if not get off I-10 and go south around the area then come back up to the freeway, but other people may be doing that?

looks like rain chances are all but gone for friday, just going to be cooler but weather forecasters get things wrong half the time >:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

wadefisherman

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:40 AM »
You guys on the east side should get minnows from the guy I posted about in the past. He is located off Greenfield and the 60. He gives awesome counts and he is cheap.

Piscolli

Bait for Alamo 1/08
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Just to make sure I'm going up the 17 and Thur wickebburg. No rain should be awesome.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 05:15 PM »
getting off the I-10 not a good option, I thought lower buckeye went through out that way west of the bridge crossing that is under construction but it does not, there is not a good alternate to go around I-10 soooooooooo you are stuck on the freeway unless you go north and out past lake pleasant

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal