Author Topic: Annual Alamo Lake Clean Up  (Read 20574 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Annual Alamo Lake Clean Up
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:15 PM »
The Annual Alamo Lake Clean Up event sponsored by the Arizona Game & Fish Department will be held on Saturday, March 7th at Alamo Lake.  There is a steak dinner, raffle prizes and free camping/entry to those that participate in the clean up.  More details to follow as soon as they become available.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Annual Alamo Lake Clean Up
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 11:28 AM »
C l e a n   u p
Alamo Lake
March 7, 2015

Registration – begins at 6 pm on Friday, March 6 at the Alamo Lake Group Use Area Cholla Campground

Cleanup work – 8 am till 3pm on Saturday March 7

Bring a pair of gloves

Arizona State Parks will waive the camping and boat launch fees for registered cleanup participants staying at the Cholla Group Use Area.  Other facilities are available at the regular rates.  If you have a boat, bring it along.  The Arizona Game & Fish Department will operate a boat for the collection of large shoreline litter. Dinner and a raffle will be held Saturday night for the participants.

If you can help with the raffle door prizes, please notify the contact below.

Bring your camping gear, and join the fun

Contact – Stewart Kohnke, Wildlife Manager
(928) 856-0706

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Annual Alamo Lake Clean Up pics
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 03:36 PM »
So I was watching Arizona Wildlife Views a couple of months ago and what was on. Alamo Lake clean up. So snapped a few shots of the TV

Way to go guys
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:30 PM by cousinlll »

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 03:56 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Looking great, Phreek!

I'd like to pay the going rate of course but do we have an AZCA shirt I can get before March 7th? Thanks.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Nice find Billy Ho!!   :headbang:

Here's the youtube video from a few years back starring our own PhishingPhreek!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpG60haLqfU

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 07:36 PM »
:thumbsup:

Looking great, Phreek!

I'd like to pay the going rate of course but do we have an AZCA shirt I can get before March 7th? Thanks.

I have shirts. Or should I say, I should have a shirt that will fit you.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 07:05 PM »
So it sounds like I'd be taking my boat and having some shoreline area and cleaning up by putting all that trash on my boat and hauling back to main dock or something, right?  Thinking a nice big tarp in my boat would be good.  How do they divide up the areas to make sure the whole lake area is covered?

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 07:29 PM »
matt are you rolling alone or shall we collaborate? I think if we double bag itll work without the tarp. im thinking of rolling early Friday. fish fry Friday night. get up sat pick up some elses chit from 8 to 9 then go fishing. cite a-8 can handle a couple tents.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 08:00 PM »
matt are you rolling alone or shall we collaborate? I think if we double bag itll work without the tarp. im thinking of rolling early Friday. fish fry Friday night. get up sat pick up some elses chit from 8 to 9 then go fishing. cite a-8 can handle a couple tents.
Going to confirm if my parents are going.  They I think were planning on it but depends on my mom's health and need to let them know of extra trash cleanup on Saturday.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 05:48 AM »
So it sounds like I'd be taking my boat and having some shoreline area and cleaning up by putting all that trash on my boat and hauling back to main dock or something, right?  Thinking a nice big tarp in my boat would be good.  How do they divide up the areas to make sure the whole lake area is covered?

Matt what most boaters do is take a couple trash bags with you, go fish take a break on far side of lake pick up some cans and junk and then just stow trash bag off to side of your gear. Stu K. the g and f officer will be out in his boat most of the day he cruises around looking for shore people that have trash to pick up and also boaters, just flag him down give him the bag(s) and go back to fishing you don't need to come back into the launch if you don't want to ;D couple years ago you could walk 30' and pick up a full bag plus, now with the annual clean up it is a lot better than before but all those roads that come down mid lake on the far side people go in there and camp and sometimes leave a mess :dontknow: there is no set pattern for clean up if you noticed people on the far side working just mentally log that as covered if you are trolling and see junk on shore hit that area, we over lap a bunch on the ramp side but surpised you can have 3 people walk through an area and everyone will find some stuff others missed :o With my back I bought one of those hand wands with the suction cup picker uppers on the end so I can just grab with out bending down, cost like $5 at harbor freight plus if I see something in a bush don't have to go into the bush and meet a rattle snake :o
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:56 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal