Author Topic: Annual Alamo Lake Clean Up  (Read 20580 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Annual Alamo Lake Clean Up
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 10:34 AM »
So I was watching Arizona Wildlife Views a couple of months ago and what was on. Alamo Lake clean up. So snapped a few shots of the TV

Way to go guys

HA! Nice find! I had no idea they aired the video on TV. I've only ever seen it on YouTube. :)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 03:23 PM »
So I was watching Arizona Wildlife Views a couple of months ago and what was on. Alamo Lake clean up. So snapped a few shots of the TV

Way to go guys

HA! Nice find! I had no idea they aired the video on TV. I've only ever seen it on YouTube. :)

Ya it was on America's most wanted t.v. show :dance:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 04:02 PM »
C l e a n   u p
Alamo Lake
March 7, 2015

Registration – begins at 6 pm on Friday, March 6 at the Alamo Lake Group Use Area Cholla Campground

Cleanup work – 8 am till 3pm on Saturday March 7

Bring a pair of gloves

Arizona State Parks will waive the camping and boat launch fees for registered cleanup participants staying at the Cholla Group Use Area.  Other facilities are available at the regular rates.  If you have a boat, bring it along.  The Arizona Game & Fish Department will operate a boat for the collection of large shoreline litter. Dinner and a raffle will be held Saturday night for the participants.

If you can help with the raffle door prizes, please notify the contact below.

Bring your camping gear, and join the fun

Contact – Stewart Kohnke, Wildlife Manager
(928) 856-0706

Bumping to the top.

For those participating - don't forget to register!  Registration starts at 6pm on Friday evening at the Cholla Group Campsite that's located along the road to the Cholla Boat Ramp.  Registration is required if you plan on joining in on the Steak Dinner & Raffle.  AZCA Members are encouraged to wear their club shirts.  Thank You in advance to all those that are helping out & giving back to one of our favorite Arizona lakes!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:34 PM by cousinlll »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Larry, you can register that morning in the group camp area there will be a table sent up right as you pull in, takes about 1 min to register

cholla ramp may be open by this weekend due to big water increases
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sandman

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 04:31 PM »
Let's try to get a group picture, if possible.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Annual Alamo Lake Clean Up - Thank You!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 08:15 AM »
Kevin and I would like to thank everybody that attended and helped out with the Alamo Lake Clean-up!  Thank You for making a difference

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 08:37 AM »
good turn out, good food, was real nice in the morning but by afternoon it was a little toasty for humping up and down the shore line, was nice to see actually less trash than in other years but they still filled that garbage truck full of junk.

I think award for neatest thing found was Louis he found a brand new fishing rod and reel laying on the shore not even weather beaten.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 09:30 AM »
Yes big thanks to everyone that came out and participated

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal