Author Topic: Very nice day on Bartlett today!  (Read 7525 times)

Bob M

Very nice day on Bartlett today!
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Weather was pretty good with little wind, big Bass tourney so some waves but not bad, only saw one other crappie hunter the entire day.  Launched at Yellow Cliffs and fished up into the river to 8' then back to ramp.  Water up there is pretty stained.  Had an Otter around for a while which was fun to watch.

Hard to purchase another yearly Tonto pass after seeing the road hasn't been touched since the August rains moved all the gravel into it!  Thanks Forest DIS'Service!   

Offline ArZFisher

Re: Very nice day on Bartlett today!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Hard to purchase another yearly Tonto pass after seeing the road hasn't been touched since the August rains moved all the gravel into it!  Thanks Forest DIS'Service!   

I agree we went out Friday afternoon. Is it really that hard to get a sweeper out there ?

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 05:56 PM »
I fished it today drop shotted minnows and jigs yellow cliffs to cat bay then up to island got one crappie all day and a 4# bass few other small bass . Did u get any?
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 06:47 PM »
No but I most the day I found out I was fishing too deep. I ran into this guy I fished with a couple times and they were jiging and trolling jigs at ten feet. The school's thou were constantly moving. The would track them on a hummingbird 360. Was kinda cool to watch them track and catch Slabs as we fished next to them. But ya anywhere from the Cliff's to Cat bay they can be found with some searching, good electronics or just troll the hell out of it. We caught some nice gills and bass but no Slabs.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 07:26 PM »
Huh wish I could afford one haha!
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 07:30 AM »
the fish had scaterred since the last few weeks in cat bay. we got blanked sat too.

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 11:35 AM »
No but I most the day I found out I was fishing too deep. I ran into this guy I fished with a couple times and they were jiging and trolling jigs at ten feet. The school's thou were constantly moving. The would track them on a hummingbird 360. Was kinda cool to watch them track and catch Slabs as we fished next to them. But ya anywhere from the Cliff's to Cat bay they can be found with some searching, good electronics or just troll the hell out of it. We caught some nice gills and bass but no Slabs.
The guys with the h360 put on a clinic Sat afternoon. We saw them catch at least 9 crappies using that technique while others were catching only small bass. Hopefully they will post and let us in on the method.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Those crappie fillets are expensive! So is it safe to say the crappies in That fishery are nomadic? I just thought they were finicky.
Wishin I was fishin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal