Author Topic: Az spawn  (Read 6728 times)

Offline Skeeterpeter

Az spawn
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:37 PM »
Well it's getting towards spring what's the temps to look for for spawning fish in az? Also what kinda of structure do you look for in these lakes?
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Az spawn
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:54 PM »
depends on species, small mouth are close to spawning time and water temp, most warm water species 62 degress, different species spawn in different type of stucture
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 06:35 PM »
Crappies.
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 06:22 AM »
the books say 62. but I think later say 66-68 and the moon plays a significant role. that's why we do crappie fest around the moon cycle.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:51 AM »
the books say 62. but I think later say 66-68 and the moon plays a significant role. that's why we do crappie fest around the moon cycle.

:dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 11:44 AM »
Every year I try and chase the crappie spawn.  It seems like about a week of 80 degree weather does the trick. Maybe they wait for good weather like myself.  I usually fish Bartlettand the last 5 years it's been a crap shoot, no consistency what so ever.   :banghead:
Rocky

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 05:45 AM »
Every year I try and chase the crappie spawn.  It seems like about a week of 80 degree weather does the trick. Maybe they wait for good weather like myself.  I usually fish Bartlettand the last 5 years it's been a crap shoot, no consistency what so ever.   :banghead:

that's the truth, bartlett can be weird and especially with SRP dumping the lake again this spring :angry4:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal