Author Topic: Alamo Thursday afternoon and Friday morning (Feb 5/6)  (Read 4144 times)

Offline azbohunter

Alamo Thursday afternoon and Friday morning (Feb 5/6)
« on: February 06, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Got on the lake a little after 3 and headed toward the buoy line, only a couple other boats out which surprised me. Started fishing south of the buoy line toward the west shore, 6# braid, 6# flouro leader, 2-1/32 oz black jig heads (tipped w/minnows). Fished 40' back trolling at .5-.6 MPH on GPS.  Didn't fish long and put one in the livewell. Wound up with 5 by around 6 o'clock and then 3 guys in another boat said they only had one so they gave it to me.
This morning I got on the water about 7:30 and did the same thing, started out slow and fished about 1/2 hour before putting one in boat. Kept working my way north toward the trees and the flotilla. All the boats were out this morning.
I quit fishing about 1 and had 17 in the livewell, biggest was 2#  even. Smallest 1 1/4. 90% caught on what I described above but some on plain minnows. Ironically I  got a double on one rod and it was the 2#er and one about 1 1/2.
Hope this helps you guys that are headed that way.
I was quite a few fish caught this morning on a variety of things. Some boats were complaining but those that had a little knowledge had at least a few fish.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:05 PM by azbohunter »
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Alamo Thursday afternoon and Friday morning (Feb 5/6)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:37 PM »
Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for the info.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 08:55 PM »
Great post, we are heading up in the morning so hopefully we will find them as you did. Weather front moving in next week so need to get the fish before they shut down for a while. Thanks for tips.
GOD BLESS

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 09:02 PM »
Great post!  Good job & thanks for the info........  :headbang:

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Awesome report.  Thanks. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal