Author Topic: Agua Fria river arm of Pleasant to open off of (Table Mesa rd) this Sunday  (Read 8240 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
there be some crappie at times in the river at Pleasant :headbang:

Agua Fria river to open at Pleasant from (table mesa rd) this Sunday
I inquired about the river access to pleasant today with the lake fuller than it has been in like 4 years Got this email late this afternoon. River will open from Table Mesa road this Sunday (Sunday only this week). After that hours and information is listed below, they will have the gate manned so bring your $$, I was told the person manning the gate will have envelopes for paying for the day use pass (I would consider bringing exact cash?) also remember this is a dirt road in (dusty) you cross the river bottom not bad, single launch ramp but it is re-enforced gravel I saw it last year it looks good and there is quite a bit of parking on a dirt lot near by the ramp. Also when you head down river it is not open for miles and miles you will run into the upper eagle closure buoys but there will be quite a bit of fish able water on that end. I would recommend 4x4 if you have it

Remember this is access from Table Mesa rd only the lower eagle closure buoys are still in place so you can not go up river from the lake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the last minute, we were able to secure vehicle access in to the Agua Fria arm from Table Mesa Road for just this coming Sunday (2/22). Additional whole weekends will follow starting on 2/27, but for this weekend, it is just Sunday. We are in the process of getting this on the Game and Fish web page and Maricopa County Parks web page.

Here are a few more details:

The gate will open at 6 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. on Sunday.

Access is two-wheel drive for vehicles with adequate ground clearance.

The NEW boat ramp is accessible for all sizes of watercraft, but the entire arm of the lake is no-wake.

There are no restrooms out there this weekend, but there will be in the near future.

Normal fees apply ($6 per vehicle, $4 per motorized watercraft, $2 per non-motorized) and you must have exact change for the envelope drop box.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Bruce....Think I can get the Nitro in and out of there? 

Offline ArZFisher

I was just out their 2 weeks ago and i would not take any boat back their.  The river was real high and flowing. I could not personally see how you would be able to get a boat back their. We had to cross to rivers to get to other side for some quail hunting and it really sucked. Even with 4 wheel drive i dont see it working. Pic below is from where you park going into backside of pleasant.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Bruce....Think I can get the Nitro in and out of there?

Yes Steve, you can launch a bigger boat they have cleaned up the road going down that far side of the river, two weeks ago the river was flowing after that big rain we had it is now 2.4cfs you could probably step across it, g and f went it and surveyed the area and they indicated conditions were decent they were not even talking 4x4 needed but I would take it just in case. Just go slow on the road in from table mesa and then when you cross the river etc. It will be open tomorrow Sunday so I will ck Monday to see if there were any problems and then  I may try it next Friday :dontknow:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:05 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
I'm doing a volunteer event back there with Game and Fish doing the clean up like we're doing at Pleasant. I haven't been back there since I was under 21 and needed a place to drink with friends. I didn't know it was closed back there.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
I'm doing a volunteer event back there with Game and Fish doing the clean up like we're doing at Pleasant. I haven't been back there since I was under 21 and needed a place to drink with friends. I didn't know it was closed back there.

like we are doing at "pleasant" :dontknow: years ago BLM closed that entire area due to problems with litter, drugs, alcohol people shooting including at each other you name it, was not a nice place to go especially after dark, since then the entire area is fenced off with a gate etc. so it will be manned with personnel when the launch area is open and the gate will be open

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Maybe that's why we're going back there to do a cleanup now.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Maybe that's why we're going back there to do a cleanup now.

I helped with clean up years ago I think you will be closer to I-17 where all the idiots shoot t.v. washing machines, and leave tons of trash laying around you might work your way back all the way to the river? :dontknow:

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
It's possible that it's only a little bit off the 17. Again, I haven't been there in years and when I did go, it was dark so I have no idea how far the lake is off the road or anything else back there. Regardless, this clean-up with be helpful for shooters, hunters, fisherman, and all. If we want this area to be open and used it's got to be cleaned and you know GnF don't want to pay to have it cleaned... I know I wouldn't.

http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/Volunteers-invited-to-join-March-1-cleanup-event-at-the-Table-Mesa-Recreation-Area.shtml

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal