Author Topic: Patagonia 2/21  (Read 10389 times)

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Patagonia 2/21
« on: February 22, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Was pig hunting down south this weekend and broke away yesterday for a few hours to check out Patagonia Lake.  And of course about 100 yards after we turn down Patagonia Lake road there are 6 pigs in the culvert. Go figure.  One fat one just stood there and eyeballed me before it waddled off.   :violent-smiley-007:
Pretty cool little lake with campground and little store, also a nice wind protected launch.  We got there right as a tourney was ending but luckily didn't have any issue getting in and out. Wind was blowin pretty good once we got out to the main lake. Started long line trolling various baits (according to the regs can only use shad there for bait so nothing using minnows on our lines). Bout 20 min to half hour in my buddy hooks into something, he is using old 4 lb test so he nurses it best he can towards the boat, comes up enough to get a glimpse of a huge crappie before it runs hard snapping him off and taking a beetle spin with it :angry3:  Im guessing 16-17 and 2+ pounds. That was unfortunately the end of the action for us, in hindsight should have probably worked that area more but since it was my first time down there wanted to check out more of the lake.  Some good structure as we both lost some gear in trees.
Need to go back for a weekend and really explore the lake and play around with the electronics.  Had some crazy feedback from both sonar and downscan that I hadn't experienced before. Eventually got some clarity and there size and number of bait balls reminded me of Bartlett. 

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Patagonia 2/21
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Glad you stopped by there.  There's some fish there I wish we had more representation down there.  But I think those going down there please keep posting reports!

Offline Crowbait

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 07:38 AM »
you can probably find a post of mine trying to get a Pig and Crappie thing going on down in 34A. I have no street cred anymore. Patty has good fish in it. Not targeted to much for Crappie. I suspect those that are good can find them and catch a bunch. Pretty lake.  Tweeder shame on you for not being ready for the pigs. Across the lake has great hills.  Colter should have advised better.

There is some good bass in Patty so you may have a lot of boats at time. Mid week would be best.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44 AM »
Shame on you, should have had your rifle with you!  Been wanting to get down there and fish with Bobby but school and work makes it almost impossible!

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 02:46 PM »
I was ready however the house 200 yards behind the pigs probably was not ready for gunfire in a residential area.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 10:20 AM »
I'm sure they would be fine with it they are a nuisance anyway!

Offline meanlittleboy2

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 07:14 PM »
MULE DEER and Javelina head for the residential area when season breaks out,,They are not dummies...Always go to areas where you would not expect to find them,,,crappie fishing is going to be great this year at Patagonia lake

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal