Author Topic: Alamo 2/25  (Read 12860 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 2/25
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 04:53 AM »
lake has come up 5' since it started to rise two days ago :headbang:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Bruce,

Holy crap 5' not 5" right?????

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 04:24 PM »
Bruce,

Holy crap 5' not 5" right?????

closer to 6' now lake came up another foot today
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 06:01 PM »
6' crazy either that lake is a setup such that small amount of rain at it's current volume can raise depth significantly or it really was a lot of rain up there. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 06:04 PM »
6' crazy either that lake is a setup such that small amount of rain at it's current volume can raise depth significantly or it really was a lot of rain up there.

a lot of rain 2 1/2"+ at the head waters of the santa maria and big sandy rivers not that much on the lake itself or here in the valley, verde is is still rocking yet salt and tonto have not had that much runoff guess the storm hit certain areas and left others quiet :dontknow:

plus that lake was not very big compared to other lakes in the state

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 06:58 PM »
So I'm assuming there will be a significant water color change along with water temp drop.  No more shallow bite?  Thoughts from all you Crappie Sensei's.....

wadefisherman

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 08:36 AM »
I think it will be chocolate milk for awhile, should slow the bite down. Hopefully it will be great for the spawn if the lake stabilizes with all the new growth around the shoreline.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 07:29 AM »
I think it will be chocolate milk for awhile, should slow the bite down. Hopefully it will be great for the spawn if the lake stabilizes with all the new growth around the shoreline.

I fished Thursday and Friday and in those two days I heard of one crappie being caught. The lake was "chocolate milk" and the water temp had dropped significantly, however in the two days that we fished the surface temp skyrocketed to 67, that dark water absorbs heat fast!
I am not sure what to expect, I am not the expert on Alamo (or any other lake) but I think the lake may pop soon, I also think that fishing could be tough just because the fish could be relocating into all the newly flooded stuff to spawn. I think it should be a great spawn year but success rates may be low just because of all the newly flooded cover.
I bet somebody is going to figure it out and really get into some good fishing in the near future though!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal