Author Topic: Alamo 2/25  (Read 12813 times)

Offline TRITOON

Re: Alamo 2/25
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 07:55 AM »
We have also been in the back and forth dilemma  but have decided we are going ahead and go up Wednesday and see what is there. Fish will be relocated but shouldn't take too long to figure out where they are hiding. But with the influx of cooler water they may be off the bite. Still no place I would rather spend my time so we are going unless things really fall apart. Never can count on the forecast, they even mess up on what happened yesterday let alone what tomorrow brings.      See you on the water.
GOD BLESS

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 09:04 AM »
I think you have the right plan Tritoon!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 03:00 PM »
If the rain is in buckets then that centennial wash can flood and it will Flood aguila and Wendon, it does not happen that often but when it does it takes out the roads in
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 03:41 PM »
If the rain is in buckets then that centennial wash can flood and it will Flood aguila and Wendon, it does not happen that often but when it does it takes out the roads in
I'll be watching the weather and news........if we get to that stage, I will be staying home :lol_hitting:
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 06:48 AM »
its gunna be beauty by Friday. and the bite will be on just for us and our pure hearts and good intentions. :glasses9:

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 07:10 AM »
Kind of crazy, Flood Warnings and it hasn't rained more than a 100th of an inch at my house in NW Glendale. Looking at active radar it looks as though there has been rain in the area of Alamo but I have not found any where to get current conditions out there. Go to the State Park site and current weather and it has a report for "Star Gazers" :sign0151:
Any one have any current rain info for that part of the state?

Offline CraptastiC

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 04:44 PM »
According to NOAA there has only been .20 inches total for the last 24 hours near Alamo.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 08:27 AM »
Alamo lake has come up 3' since yesterday evening :o Wenden got only 3/4" of rain but on the wrong side of the mountain, smith peak got over 1" areas up near Yarnell and Bagdad got close to 2 1/2" of rain. Burro creek topped out at over 10,000cfs yesterday evening, right now big sandy river was over 17,000cfs :o santa maria river at 2000cfs right now big sandy still flowing at 13,500cfs :headbang:
Those rivers and creeks all come together and flow into alamo lake. Will have to see how much of that water makes it to the lake as it is a longgggggg ways down to the lake but with it coming up 3 feet since last night I am guessing it is going to come up a bunch more in the next 24hrs

I got a little under 1/2" of rain total

interesting verde river above horseshoe is flowing at 20,000cfs so that lake is going to fill quick and SRP may have to release water there into bartlett :dontknow:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:30 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 09:10 AM »
Good news, thanks for the update Bruce.  Maybe Alamo won't become the next San Carlos afterall.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Alamo up 4' now and flows still pretty decent up stream I am hoping for 10+' will have to wait and see

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal