Author Topic: Alamo 1-8, 1-9 2011  (Read 10666 times)

Offline ScottyD

Re: Alamo 1-8, 1-9 2011
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 09:14 PM »
I'm going up to Alamo this Friday the 14th, I'll post and let you know how it is and what worked (if anything). With another week of sunny weather hopefully the bite will better.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 09:17 PM »
The biggest share of our fish came while slow trolling ( 0.5-0.7) at a depth of around 5' but the bigger ones came from around 12' but with the continued warmth they may start moving up. Good luck.
GOD BLESS

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Thanks ya'll what a great bunch of guys unlike those bass turds :laugh:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 05:00 AM »
anyone have the males go black in the livewell? would indicate movement?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Seagrams_7

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 12:28 PM »
umm i have a new guy question. when do the fish hit the shallows at alamo? i heard that in general it is earlier than other lakes.. i ask because ive been there twice, i mostly fish bartlet and pleasant cause i dont have a boat :crybaby2:

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 02:57 PM »
I have never had success fishing shallows (shoreline) at Alamo. For the life of me, I can not catch them on the shoreline at that lake so I have no idea when they actually move up. lol

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 05:01 PM »
STABLE WARMING WEATHER :thumbsup: at Alamo they can move up as early as mid February and as late as April and early May, actually years ago during an unusual warm early spring had crappie up shallow at roosevelt the 3rd week of January. Warming temps with stable water levels and that magic 62+ degrees up shallow can set the spawn off. Have caught hundreds of crappie through the years up in anywhere from a foot of water out to 6' up spawning. Last year it never happened at Alamo worth a darn, lake came way up, was cold then they dropped the lake for over a month to bring it back down to flood stage, water was muddy and cool way into the end of march, same thing happened to Roosevelt. The year before Roosevelt and Alamo were on fire from early march well into April. Last year bartlett was great but it started late due to that lake coming up so much due to spring runoff

you can have 75-100+ crappie days when they are up (in the love mode)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:06 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Seagrams_7

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 09:56 AM »
awesome. so this warm weather patch were getting into will hopefully pull them in. im planning a alamo run end of feb. so heres to hoping. if anything the dock at bartlet might produce by then.....hopefully

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 10:47 AM »
I live in Mesa and usually go out every other weekend or so for Crappie. I usually have a backseat open if you want to go sometime. I'm new to this area but I tend to hook into fish everytime I go out.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....
It's learning how to dance in the rain.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 04:35 PM »
weather still a little cool, though we have warming days up to 80 (but that is going to change midweek and be back into the 60's with a couple minor storms coming) the big thing that will warm up the water temps is some stain to the water and over night temperatures that warm up. We have high 70's during the day but still having the 45-50 degree nights so water temps are not going to come up much right now, add a little night time wind and it does not warm up. All depends on what mother nature does if we stay dry and warm going into February things could happen butttttttttt if we get a couple cold storms with some precipitation it can throw things back off.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal