Author Topic: 2015 Spring Crappie Fest  (Read 6430 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
2015 Spring Crappie Fest
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:25 PM »
2015 Spring Crappie Fest

The 2015 AZCA Spring Crappie Fest will be held the weekend of Friday, April 17th thru Sunday, April 19th at Roosevelt Lake - Grapevine Group Site – Coot and Grebe Loops. This is our club's annual spring campout, fishing derby and open meeting. Spring Crappie Fest is open to all AZCA Club Members and their families along with registered users of this website and their families. Please join us for a fun filled weekend. All group events will be held in the common area of the Coot Loop.

Camping:
We are camping for the weekend at the Grapevine Group Site campground in the Coot and Grebe Loops. The Coot and Grebe Loops each have its own centrally located restrooms, water spigots, one 110v outlet, a community fire pit, covered ramadas w/ picnic tables and charcoal BBQ grill. Plenty of room for a good time! Surrounding the center gathering area in each camping loop are plenty of individual campsites, each with parking, a picnic table and a fire pit. There are NO electric or water hookups at the campsites.  Attached below is the REQUIRED Camping form - please fill it out, print and bring it with you to give to the Camp Host.  One thing to note, both the Coot and Grebe Loops will be available to all registered users of this site beginning on 3pm Friday, April 17th.

AZCA Members Only Day:
AZCA Member's Only Day will be on Thursday, April 16th. The Coot & Grebe Loops will be open starting at 9am for AZCA Club Members ONLY to start setting up camp.

Friday Night Crawfish Boil:
On Friday night, April 17th the club will be having a Crawfish Boil catered by Arizona Crawfish Company starting at 6pm in the Coot Loop. All AZCA Club Members eat free. Crawfish Boil cost for Non-Members is $20 per person. A RSVP is required so we have an accurate headcount. Deadline to RSVP is Friday, April 3rd. To RSVP, please click here:  RSVP Here

Friday Night BBQ:
For those who prefer “Turf” instead – the club will provide charcoal for the huge BBQ grill that’s also in the common area of the Coot Loop. Feel free to bring your own steaks, burgers or whatever else you feel like grilling.

Friday & Saturday Night Cornhole:
The club will have Cornhole sets available for use on Friday and Saturday nights for all you cornhole junkies.

Friday & Saturday Night Campfire:
Nightly group campfires will be at the Coot Loop common area. Firewood to share would be appreciated.

Fishing Derby:
The Club will have a fishing derby on Saturday, April 18th from 6am to 3pm.  Prizes will be awarded to derby & big fish winners. This is a private event for members of the Arizona Crappie Association, registered users of www.azcrappie.com and their families. Please see the attached Fishing Derby Form for more information along with the derby rules & regulations.  The Eveland Cup will once again be awarded to the derby winners - here's your chance to get your team's name engraved on the Eveland Cup.

AZCA Raffle:
The AZCA Raffle will be held after the Derby weigh-in.  Tickets are $10 each or 6 for $50.  Must be present to win.  More details on the raffle prizes in the near future in a separate post.

AZCA Open Meeting:
The official AZCA club meeting will be on Saturday, April 18th around 4pm.  This will be an open meeting for those interested in prospecting or possibly joining the Arizona Crappie Association.

Fish Fry and Potluck Dinner:
Also on Saturday, April 18th starting around 5:30pm is the club's fantastic fish fry and potluck dinner. If you're joining us, please bring a dish to pass.

Saturday Night Poker:
For those Poker Players, a gentleman’s game of Poker will be held on Saturday night after the Fish Fry in the Coot Loop common area.

Schedule of Weekend Events:
• Thursday 9am - AZCA Members Only Day in the Coot & Grebe Loops
• Friday 3pm - Non AZCA members can enter the Coot & Grebe Loops and set up their campsite.
• Friday 6pm – Crawfish Boil at the Coot Loop catered by the Arizona Crawfish Company. RSVP is required – see above link.
• Friday 6pm - The AZCA will provide charcoal for the Coot Loop’s huge BBQ grill along with the nightly campfire.
• Saturday 6am - Fishing Derby begins. Please see the Fishing Derby Form for more info along with the rules & regulations.
• Saturday 3pm - Derby weigh-in back at the Coot Loop where we'll announce this year's Eveland Cup Champions.
* Saturday 3:30pm - AZCA Raffle.  Must be present to win.
• Saturday 4pm - Open AZCA Meeting at the Coot Loop.
• Saturday 5pm - Fish cleaning & prep for Potluck at the Coot Loop.
• Saturday 5:30pm - Fish fry and potluck dinner begins at the Coot Loop.
• Saturday Evening – Campfire along with a Gentleman’s Poker tourney hosted by FishMan after the Fish Fry in the Coot Loop.
• Sunday 8am – Site clean up and pack up begins; everyone has to be out no later than noon or before the last AZCA member leaves the site.

Hope to see you there…..

Attached below is a printable version of the above, a printable map of the Grapevine Group Site, the REQUIRED Camping Form and the Fishing Derby entry form.  Please fill out the needed forms and bring them with you.  Thank You!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:26 PM by cousinlll »

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: 2015 Spring Crappie Fest
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:09 AM »
Due to work and school I'll not be attending this year, maybe next year.

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:02 AM »
Larry your organization and delivery is second to none, thank you!
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:51 PM »

LOL. I think LLL is in wrong department at work. He should be a quality geek.

Offline sandman

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 01:25 PM »

LOL. I think LLL is in wrong department at work. He should be a quality geek.

Let's hope that ALL SWA mechanics are quality geeks (hey I resemble that remark)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:10 PM »
LOL - Stay on topic guys  :greengrin:

Due to work and school I'll not be attending this year, maybe next year.

Well crap - life sure gets in the way of all the fun!  We'll miss you Mac.....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 06:02 PM »
Let's hope that ALL SWA mechanics are quality geeks (hey I resemble that remark)
I agree!  Now we need to make sure Sparkchaser is the same as he's fixing those same planes.

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08 AM »
Sorry to hijack this thread but could not find the post about rsvp for the crawfish boil for spring crappie fest 2015 To whom it concerns I would like to rsvp for (2) Marvin and myself Thank you guys!

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 07:27 AM »
Sorry to hijack this thread but could not find the post about rsvp for the crawfish boil for spring crappie fest 2015 To whom it concerns I would like to rsvp for (2) Marvin and myself Thank you guys!

Please RSVP here:  http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,2740.0.html
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:31 AM by cousinlll »

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 08:19 AM »
With Spring Crappie Fest rapidly approaching, we would like to hear from any prospects that plan to attend the meeting with the intent to join the club. As stated in the bylaws a prospect must have attended one meeting within the the last 12 months to eligible:

Amendment C: After attending a qualified meeting (being a meeting open to the public or a closed meeting as a
guest of an AZCA member) prospective members may attend any other meeting within one year to be voted in as
a club member.

Please speak up so your name can be added to the ballot :dance:
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal