Author Topic: best bet for amateur crappie angler alamo, bartlett?  (Read 5113 times)

Offline pil

best bet for amateur crappie angler alamo, bartlett?
« on: March 08, 2015, 01:08 AM »
hey guys, looking for the best place to find crappie, alamo, or bartlett, last time I fished for them was years ago at roosevelt under a light, would love to spend a day with the wife catching them but not sure which lake is the hottest, never had any luck at bartlett, but its much closer and would be preferred, any suggestions?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: best bet for amateur crappie angler alamo, bartlett?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 06:46 AM »
right now both lakes are way off, Bartlett coming up 3' per day with muddy water, Alamo came up 6 1/2' in 3 days and is muddy, so Roosevelt is actually the only lake that did not get major runoff from this last storm
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline pil

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 08:47 AM »
thanks for the feedback, may have saved me a three hour hike to alamo, sounds like I'll wait til april to get up there.

Offline Biz

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 10:13 AM »
Because of the travel, Bartlett is my choice. I have had good to great luck fishing Bartlett, but it has to be the right time. Its not unusual to get them from April through June, and for me, they are best caught at night under a light. Seems like they have their clock set for 9pm to midnight. Good Luck

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal