Author Topic: Alamo 1-8-11  (Read 2727 times)

Offline ScottyD

Alamo 1-8-11
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:32 PM »
New to posting on this site, but I've been reading it for a while. Been in AZ for a while, from Michigan and love crappie fishing. Still figuring it out here, but I'm getting there. Fished from 11 to 5 and got six all over 13 inches in the upper end of the lake. We started around the buoy line and got nothing then went up about 1:30 or so and joined the flotilla. Didn't catch anything on minnows, all six were caught on a Roadrunner BBC.

Bill, I think we talked to you a couple of times along with a few other folks. We were the guys with the canoe and trolling motor. Haven't been able to fork out for a boat, but that thing works well as long as it doesn't get too windy! Some of you guys probably thought we were nuts, LOL.

Anyway, it was nice to land some fish and meet some of you, the info on this site has been helpful. Weather looks good for the next 10 days, going to try to get out there again in the next few days. If you see a canoe with a Minn Kota, that's me!

Offline TRITOON

Re: Alamo 1-8-11
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:41 PM »
It looked like you guys were having a good time out there, I was surprised at just how fast that trolling motor can move that thing when you decide to head out. We were in the blue pontoon boat with the crazy woman that was catching all the fish. Hope to see you out there again.
GOD BLESS

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Scotty, it was great to meet you guys. See you again soon.

Offline ScottyD

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Yeah, wide open the trolling motor will push it pretty good but it kills the battery. I can run it for about an hour and a half wide open. Eventually I have to stop messing around and get a boat. Even though the canoe works, after about 4 hours of sitting in that thing the back and butt are sore! Plus if the wind comes up (especially at Alamo) it's difficult to fish.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal