Author Topic: Alamo 3-14-15 (very good day)  (Read 6658 times)

Bob M

Alamo 3-14-15 (very good day)
« on: March 14, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Launched around 7:30 and fished until they stopped biting around noon.  Towed a boat back to Cholla and ran the owner up lake to his camp for more gas just for good karma next trip.

Once we found the pattern which is one we've never seen or heard of before it was on fire for us.  Missed many soft strikes and no strikes were hard at all.  The 16' rods came in very handy for the new method.  We spider rigged with all rods out the front between 1 and 1.5 mph with minnows dipped in scent.

No longer post numbers but but we have many many meals worth.

Offline Gillybob

Re: Alamo 3-14-15 (very good day)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 06:44 PM »
Nice!!

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Launched around 7:30 and fished until they stopped biting around noon.  Towed a boat back to Cholla and ran the owner up lake to his camp for more gas just for good karma next trip.

Once we found the pattern which is one we've never seen or heard of before it was on fire for us.  Missed many soft strikes and no strikes were hard at all.  The 16' rods came in very handy for the new method.  We spider rigged with all rods out the front between 1 and 1.5 mph with minnows dipped in scent.

No longer post numbers but but we have many many meals worth.

Thanks for posting your report.....good news! Well done!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 06:54 PM »
Would you be willing to share what depth of water and how deep you had your rigs set?  :sign0098:
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 08:49 PM »
Sounds like a nice day! Does the lake still have lot of debris floating? 

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 06:51 AM »
Would you be willing to share what depth of water and how deep you had your rigs set?  :sign0098:

Most fish were caught in 22 - 18 feet of open water shallow.
Good enough, thanks

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 08:16 AM »
Did you note the water temp? This is the same pattern, less the scent, I used there last year. about this time of year. I may get out to Bart later this week and try the same pattern. Having Humminbird issues,,,, need to do some rewireing and testing anyway. Had to cancel Alamo, wife issues again.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline Metalbndr

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 08:55 AM »
Following up on Bob's post, the fish I cleaned were 2 to 1  females to males. While the males turned black and their fins looked like they had tried to fan a bed, they did not have enough Milt in them to get the job done.   The females had good sized egg sacks but the eggs were still quite small.  IMO the spawn is still 4 -6 weeks away.  All fish were cookie cutter between 3/4 and 1 lb.  Beautiful healthy fish.

As Bob said the bite was incredibly light.  If you were fishing anything other that spider rig and being super attentive, you did not see the bite.  Can't tell you how many times I went for the rod and was too late.

Water temp started at 63.5 and ended about 65 - 66

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 07:58 AM »
Great info, gentlemen!

As for the spider rigging, isn't there a law in AZ that only allows two hooks on one line?
I know most spider rigging have three or more per setup and may not be legal, but I could be wrong.  Just curious!
The awaken soul now helping humanity in the ascension process. Wake up, humans!
www.humancolony.org   /   www.girk-fit-niir.com

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 08:01 AM »
You can fish with two poles - two hooks per pole

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal