Author Topic: Pulled a turn around on Alamo  (Read 6530 times)

Offline azbohunter

Pulled a turn around on Alamo
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:31 AM »
Love going to Alamo but out and back in the same day is a long trip! Have to learn how to quit early, that has always been a problem for me I guess. Always the same, just one more!!
Took a friend along and we put 18 in the livewell, not bad considering everything I guess. All were caught trolling 1/16 oz jigs tipped with minnows around trees on north end. Not a hot bite, we fished long and hard till 6:30 or so. Should have quit about 4 when the wind came up cause things turned off for us at that point. Great fun........good trip but LONG day!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Re: Pulled a turn around on Alamo
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:37 AM »
Ya day trips to Alamo do make for a loooooooooong day.  Glad you made it worth it though with a nice bunch of slabs, good work!! 

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:59 AM »
6 hours travel time sure make it hard for a day trip there for me. Thanks for the report.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Nice job, I guess we bailed a little too early but after the day before and the long night with the wind we just figured it was going to be more of the same. Now I wish we had stuck it out.  Did it lay down after we saw you. as we were breaking camp it looked like it may have calmed down a bit but figured it would pick back up again.  Glad you had a successful trip, and yes it is a long drive for a one day thing. Now I am thinking about another return trip if I can pull it off.   Thanks for posting even though it proves I woosed out.
GOD BLESS

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 11:37 AM »
Nice job, I guess we bailed a little too early but after the day before and the long night with the wind we just figured it was going to be more of the same. Now I wish we had stuck it out.  Did it lay down after we saw you. as we were breaking camp it looked like it may have calmed down a bit but figured it would pick back up again.  Glad you had a successful trip, and yes it is a long drive for a one day thing. Now I am thinking about another return trip if I can pull it off.   Thanks for posting even though it proves I woosed out.

Yes, it laid down and was flat till about 3:30 or 4 then some south wind. I should have quit at that time, but there is always going to be one more, but then maybe not either?? Would have got me home at 7:30 instead of 10 :'(
Good to meet you finally!
I hope to go back too for at least one more trip, hard to figure that lake out this year, or at least it is for me, but then I certainly am no expert on Alamo!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 04:41 PM »
that trip is a butt kicker for a one day, amazing roosevelt is only 20 mins or so closer but does not beat me up like that alamo trip does, hard to see in the picture but looks like only 1 male going black? how many were females? did they still have their eggs?

thanks
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:43 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 05:29 PM »
that trip is a butt kicker for a one day, amazing roosevelt is only 20 mins or so closer but does not beat me up like that alamo trip does, hard to see in the picture but looks like only 1 male going black? how many were females? did they still have their eggs?

thanks

LOL...it was late and I was in a hurry and didn't pay much attention. There were not many males but more than one I think. They were still carrying eggs.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Can't believe it but in the middle of making plans for another turn around to Alamo on Monday...could rest over the weekend but I have a couple trenches in the back yard to dig for electrical and irrigation. Keeps one young (I hope) but 71 is not old so maybe I don't need to do the trenching LOL. It's a frame of mind :3some:

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Good for you, go get em.    Just act like you are doing something really interesting and you will have neighbors over to check it all out then you can hand them a shovel and get the job done in twice the time.
GOD BLESS

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 07:24 PM »
but I have a couple trenches in the back yard to dig for electrical and irrigation.

Forget the freakin trenches - GO FISHING!  Great report by the way.   :headbang:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal