Author Topic: Crappie fishing for the first time in AZ  (Read 7741 times)

Offline NavyVet

Crappie fishing for the first time in AZ
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:35 AM »
Hi guys I would like to start off by saying I am glad I found this site. I am a U.S. Navy veteran of 16 years and miss crappie fishing like I did back in CO. I am just wondering where I can go crappie fishing and bust a bunch of them. I do not have a boat but am intersted in getting a float tube in the not to far future.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:45 AM by NavyVet »

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Re: Crappie fishing for the first time in AZ
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Hello NavyVet!  First of all...thank you for your service!  Hope I can help.  The problem is that everyone on here would like to find a place to bust a bunch of them.  The good news is that this is about the time they should be starting their spawn and this should make them easier to catch.  As far as where to go in a float tube...  Maybe try the green cliffs at Bartlett just NE of Bartlett Flats.  That may be doable in a tube.  Bartlett and Roosevelt are my favorite places to go for crappie.  Alamo is supposed to be doing well now but is a long drive from Phoenix.  I wish you the best of luck!

Rocko
Rocky

Offline NavyVet

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 05:56 AM »
Rocko thanks for the response. I may be headed to Roosevelt this weekend to do a little camping and fishing with the family. So I wll be shore fishing. hope I can find a place to bust me some crappie from the shore. I will see what I can do from there as a way of catching fish.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:27 AM by NavyVet »

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:10 PM »
NavyVet, thank you for the service you provide. Love the avatar you have of the 18. I also spent tons of time on the "deck" back in the day. Albeit, I launched EA-B's. Good lord they rattled the teeth at high power. Without a boat you are hitting the time perfectly to shore fish for crappie. Alamo lake has been the hot spot. I would think Roosevelt and Bartlett are not far behind. PM me and I'll give you any info I know.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline NavyVet

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:52 PM »
Sparkchaser thanks for your service as well. The good ol' Pratt and Whitney J-52. Filling shakers is what I called them. That was the first engines I learned how to work on. I ended working on the F/A18-E Super Hornet. That is our CAG Bird with the Navy new digital camo design.

:fish: on I hope.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal