Author Topic: Bartlett fishing report 3/30/15  (Read 19148 times)

Offline bunhead

Bartlett fishing report 3/30/15
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Just back from Bartlett where we fished from sunup until noon.  Bass fishing was good on top water (spook) until 9 when we went to the store for minnows.  We crappie fished the North end of the lake and got NO bites. Nor did anyone we talked to.  The crappie are holding along the west side of the lake for the last mile to the North end.  They're in 25 to 30 feet of water holding at 22.  Nothing would get them to bite.  Water temp is 59 at the dam and 62 at the North end.  Water is no longer murky. It's clear and the water level is way up since I was there a month ago.  All hell should break loose soon.

Offline The Desert Rat

Re: Bartlett fishing report 3/30/15
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 07:20 PM »
I have been saying "Soon" for the last several Months---I have scanned them all over the lake with the same ")" results---going back up tomorrow for 10-14 + days---hopefully ,"Soon" will happen--

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 03:07 PM »
I'm
Heading out now gonna try into the dark any more report on old bart?
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 07:10 PM »
Thinking about Bartlett for Tuesday, looking forward to your report.
Hoping you have a good trip!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline CraptastiC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 09:34 PM »
Just a heads up, I heard a report SRP is releasing water out of Horseshoe again starting Monday.  That will probably screw the fishing up for a week, but hopefully not the spawn.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Got three right before dark two males and a female full of eggs she is huge water temp 71* still not spawning idk when that will happen if ever
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Why in the heck are they doing that again that could screw them up the female I got was totally full of eggs
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 06:30 AM »
Why in the heck are they doing that again that could screw them up the female I got was totally full of eggs

Hard to figure out SRP anymore, they do everything they can to screw up a spawn :angry4: :angry4:

if they release from horseshoe it will probably be just enough to lower the lake so the willow fly catcher bird does not get wet :angry4:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 06:32 AM »
Just a heads up, I heard a report SRP is releasing water out of Horseshoe again starting Monday.  That will probably screw the fishing up for a week, but hopefully not the spawn.

almost getting to late for a spawn :dontknow: and they will probably raise the lake 3' per day then shut off releases and start pulling the lake back down immediately and then we will see females reabsorbing their eggs
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 11:51 AM »
 Went this morning got one missed several 25 fow down 3-10'. When did they spawn last year I missed it thought I could get them this year but water started at 68* this morning got to 70 when I left 20 min ago.
Wishin I was fishin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal