Author Topic: Another "Turn around to Alamo".  (Read 4560 times)

Offline azbohunter

Another "Turn around to Alamo".
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:06 AM »
Had another pretty good trip. Fished the north end around the trees but staying in open water 12' to 18'. 2 1/32 oz jig heads tipped with minnows and trolled at .7 to .8 seemed to be the ticket for us. Finished the day with 23 crappie and a few ?? bonus?? catfish. Some really nice fish but nothing 2#s but getting close. Still full of eggs........Talked a buddy into driving this time, seemed like a much easier trip ;D
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Re: Another "Turn around to Alamo".
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:48 AM »
Well done out there, thanks for the report.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 04:22 PM »
thanks for the report, were you there late enough to see the air evac helicopter land and take the person out of the trailer down near the lake, was wondering if he had heat stroke as it was a weeeee bit warm yesterday. Good to hear females with eggs still and that male in the picture going black, hopefully another group waiting to move up :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:42 PM »
The air evac was landing just as we were wrapping up, also an ambulance showed up and they all wound up a camp on the lake shore just north of the ramp. No idea what was going on.
So, were you there yesterday? Sounds as if maybe you were.
And it was hot....
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33 PM »
Nice haul, how deep were you finding the fish at, they still close to the surface?

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 06:30 AM »
We were fishing pretty shallow!

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 09:13 AM »
Thanks for the report, nice job!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal