Author Topic: alamo 1/15/11  (Read 3639 times)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
alamo 1/15/11
« on: January 15, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Thought with the high pressure system today was the day to slaughter them. So much for thinking. Caught 9 from 8:30 to 2:00 Every fish but one came on a white roadrunner with JD grub tipped. Best luck was out in 40' of water trolling 3/4 mph fishing approx 12' deep. Wind picked up about 2:00 but the fishing did'nt so we bagged it. Have a pretty bad cold so that is why marv schooled  me 7 to 2. Either that or those 10' rods Piscolli sold him are the ticket. Second time out with those new rods and he whooped my butt both times. First time no cold to blame it on. Good weather. Good times w/ good friend and enough fillets for a couple of fat boys. One other boat had 1 fish nobody else we talked to even had a bite. Go figure

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: alamo 1/15/11
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I bet the old retired guys got out there at 3:30 and caught a boat-load....lol.   

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:53 AM »
Have a pretty bad cold so that is why marv schooled  me 7 to 2. Either that or those 10' rods Piscolli sold him are the ticket.

So that where I got this damn cold. Man I feel like garbage. Let work early yesterday and probably gonna call out today. So there goes me fishing tomorrow. Oh well, maybe Friday.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Thought with the high pressure system today was the day to slaughter them. So much for thinking. Caught 9 from 8:30 to 2:00 Every fish but one came on a white roadrunner with JD grub tipped. Best luck was out in 40' of water trolling 3/4 mph fishing approx 12' deep. Wind picked up about 2:00 but the fishing did'nt so we bagged it. Have a pretty bad cold so that is why marv schooled  me 7 to 2. Either that or those 10' rods Piscolli sold him are the ticket. Second time out with those new rods and he whooped my butt both times. First time no cold to blame it on. Good weather. Good times w/ good friend and enough fillets for a couple of fat boys. One other boat had 1 fish nobody else we talked to even had a bite. Go figure

Did you miss fish that were just not eating the bait or was it plain old slow?

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 07:00 PM »
We may of missed 2-3 fish all day long

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 07:14 PM »

Did you miss fish that were just not eating the bait or was it plain old slow?

Ouch!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal