Author Topic: The Power of Information! Part 1  (Read 2463 times)

Piscolli

The Power of Information! Part 1
« on: January 16, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Last week or so a guy from the bass zone played a little joke on our very own Me-N-Rats. They were both fishing the buoy line at Schoolhouse when Tom had engine trouble and had to go in.

As a joke the guy posted on the zone that he and a friend caught 60 Crappie averaging 3 to 3.5 pounds. Well many people bit and the thread grew. Later, the guy posted that he was only kidding and everyone got a good laugh from it.

Unfortunately this ďreportĒ ended up in the G&F weekly report, then in the local papers. So this past week every angler with a floating bath tub has been Crappie Crazy! All week at work weíve been selling tons of Crappie baits and Iíve had dozens of guys asking me how to get to Schoolhouse. Yeah itís been good for business but while encouraging guys to go and try it, Iíve had to tell them the truth about the report. 

Now Rory and the guys at G&F do an excellent job of reporting but they canít weed out all of the BS. So as responsible, honest anglers, it is our duty to report as accurately as possible, or not to report at all.

Personal I donít have any problem reporting. As many of you know I do a weekly ďCrappie ReportĒ for Rory at G&F. I believe that with proper bag limits and good sportsmanship, there are plenty of fish for all and I donít feel like any less of an angler when I have a bad day. And believe me, Iíve had plenty lately. I also believe that sharing info with others only helps our sport and eventually benefits my fishing. 

Offline TRITOON

• View Profile
Re: The Power of Information! Part 1
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:33 AM »
Well said. That is what this site is supposed to be all about. If you want bs then stay on the Zone.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Billy, as soon as that 60 crappie post hit the g and f weekly report I sent an email to Diana at Mesa office, to let her know it was "a joke" hoping to get is stopped before it went any further (oops, didn't make it) thinking when g and f looks at fishing reports from now on different websites they will wait and see how the post fans out as far as responses etc. before they publish it?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Billy, as soon as that 60 crappie post hit the g and f weekly report I sent an email to Diana at Mesa office, to let her know it was "a joke" hoping to get is stopped before it went any further (oops, didn't make it) thinking when g and f looks at fishing reports from now on different websites they will wait and see how the post fans out as far as responses etc. before they publish it?

I emailed Rory right away as well.

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:40 AM »

Unfortunately this ďreportĒ ended up in the G&F weekly report, then in the local papers. So this past week every angler with a floating bath tub has been Crappie Crazy! All week at work weíve been selling tons of Crappie baits and Iíve had dozens of guys asking me how to get to Schoolhouse. Yeah itís been good for business but while encouraging guys to go and try it, Iíve had to tell them the truth about the report.  

I went out there for that incredible bite mostly because of your report.  Thanks for nothing.

It wasn't in my report there buddy. And I wasn't fooled by it either, sorry you were. This is the second time you have lashed out  a little for nothing, remember that you are a guest here.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:45 AM by Piscolli »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 12:49 PM »
I guess he can't read :laugh:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:22 AM »
yeh and i sucked right into the story i was so hyped by the report. within 24 hrs on the same post it was clear to all it was a joke. yet about a week later the gandf quotes the story, wtf they dont read past the first post or do rumors get strarted and get right into the media? oh weel i syre hopr the local businesses got a shot in the arm too.