Author Topic: One last Alamo trip  (Read 4198 times)

Offline TRITOON

One last Alamo trip
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:09 PM »
We made it back to Alamo on Saturday, rather windy when we got there so chose to wait until Sunday morning. We hit the 69 degree water at 7am and went to the trees above the buoy line, long line trolled the whole area until we found the fish in 12 to 16 foot of water. We picked up 10 in a couple hours mainly on BBC and JD. Bite cooled off until we moved out into 18 feet of water then picked up 6 more before the wind blew us off the lake about 2pm with water temperature at 77. Biggest fish was 1.74 and of course Patty caught it.
Back on the water at 7 Monday with water at 71 degrees. Went back to where we caught fish Sunday but nothing happening. We trolled the area from 23 feet to 10 feet and picked up 3 keepers along with a few throw backs. Sure glad to see the little ones.   Wind came up strong so we moved into the cove just south of the buoy line and trolled there in the protection.  We picked up 3 more keepers with the biggest at 1.98lb. I redeemed myself.  Wind changed and ran us off the water at 1pm with temperature of 68.
Hit the water at 6:30 Tuesday but got blown off before we could get a bite so we went in and tore down camp and came home satisfied with our results.
On Monday we spotted a few crappie floating some dead some dying, same Tuesday along with mats of gunk on the water. Turnover time. Hopefully won't be too severe.  Also just a heads up, call about minnows before you go up. Supply is low and most or all die within a few hours. They are having trouble getting re supplied so worth checking beforehand.
I love that lake.
GOD BLESS

Offline TRITOON

Re: One last Alamo trip
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 01:20 PM »
I get lucky once in awhile.
GOD BLESS

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Great job, Wade and Patty!
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 02:39 PM »
NIIIIIIICE
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 06:03 PM »
I guess there are still a few hungry ones, great report!

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 08:48 PM »
Way to stick it out Wade / Patti.  You guys had a great spring at the A lake. 

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Nice job Tritoon, thanks for the report.

Offline MNMAN

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 10:12 PM »
Thank you MR. Toon! I always enjoy your reports because it's almost like the reader is there fishing with you. Thank you for the informative reports and the captivating story line :)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 04:41 AM »
I saw several dead crappie last week when I was there and also saw some dead shad but not in the thousands (kind of looked like someone had used shad for bait and then through the dead and unused ones back in the water), wind always blows from the south there so figured they died down lake and were drifting up lake, years ago I saw quite a few dead crappie floating at roosevelt during the spawn and contacted g and f they cked things out and said that some crappie can not handle the stress of spawning and die, hopefully that is all it is at alamo with the thousands that were spawning this year :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal