Author Topic: Finding the Best Spots in a Large Flotilla  (Read 3134 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Finding the Best Spots in a Large Flotilla
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:24 PM »
I've found myself with the large flotilla at Roosevelt wondering if anyone is really picky in terms of where they're at, or if they're just trolling anywhere in the area.  I found the whole group shifted a bit to the southeast between two trips a couple days apart.  I'm looking for advice on what the experts are looking at in their fish finders and how they use them when fishing a large area around the buoy at Schoolhouse Pt.  Should I stop the trolling once I see fish on the fish finder?  Why not anchor?  I don't think I see too many people anchored in that area.  I typically keep trolling, going through spots where I caught a fish earlier, but I don't really use my fish finder to stop when I catch fish.  I'm inexperienced with using the fish finder so looking for an advice from those that know how to catch crappie or really any fish.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Finding the Best Spots in a Large Flotilla
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:01 PM »
A lot of times I've found myself catching fish when I didn't see anything on my fish finder and was just cruising around looking while I haven't caught anything when I was graphing tons of fish.

I like to use my fish finder as a scale of where the fish are. As for stopping where the fish are, I can't say don't do it, but I haven't had success doing that. It seems like the trolling gives the bait a realistic presentation that the crappie attack.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:14 AM »
we do troll and some troll over spots they previously caught. generally crappies are schooling fish so were on top of a generalized huge school. ive caught lots  of crappie casting the same rigs. ex[ecially if fish are shalllow. i should have done that last weekend at alamo.

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:07 AM »
A lot of times I've found myself catching fish when I didn't see anything on my fish finder and was just cruising around looking while I haven't caught anything when I was graphing tons of fish.

I like to use my fish finder as a scale of where the fish are. As for stopping where the fish are, I can't say don't do it, but I haven't had success doing that. It seems like the trolling gives the bait a realistic presentation that the crappie attack.

+1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal