Author Topic: Fishing Lights  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Southern_Pride

Fishing Lights
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:53 AM »
What type of fishing lights do you guys recommend I purchase for doing some summertime night fishing? Should I get Green or Blue lights? Is there anyone in the area who sells submersible lights or should I get the lights installed on my boat? How much will each of these options cost me? Any information would greatly be appreciated.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....
It's learning how to dance in the rain.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Fishing Lights
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:22 AM »
Here are some links for you to check out.  I'm sure others will add their opinions.  My thoughts, I have the Nucli-eye Aurora and for the money think the 2' or 4' florescent tube lights are the way to go.  Yes, the Nucli Aurora is very nice and easy on your batteries but IMO don't have the light output that one of the florescent lights do.  I have been tied up next to guys that have these florescent lights out and had tons of shad circling around them.   My Aurora, however, didn't attract near as much shad as they had.

http://www.hydroglow.com/products.html

http://www.greenfishlights.com/

http://www.fishermanschoiceproshop.com/product/Jumping%20Cholla_Jumping-Cholla-Nucli-Eye-Lights/ST-15059

So after seeing these florescent lights in action, I decided to make a couple 2' ones of my own.  I have been meaning to post instructions on how I made mine, just haven't gotten around to it yet.  Really easy to make and they came out really nice. Look just like those in the links above.  Only kicker is, clear PVC is very expensive but was lucky to find a guy on AZBZ that hooked me up on some.  If anybody wants instructions/plans/links on how to make your own 2' or 4' florescent light just let me know.

Now when I go night fishing, I put out the two 2' florescent lights out in the front & back with my Aurora in the middle.  Overkill, yeah maybe but it sure looks cool...... :headbang:

LLL

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:25 AM »
I use 2 21" green tube lights from Bass Pro, they are about $23 each and work pretty good.

Offline eo3510

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:05 PM »
I use the Nucli Eye Aurora. It's pretty pricey, but well worth it if you go out at night alot. Attracts shad and plankton 10x better than the tubes. I use the Aurora to attract the shad and I use an 18" tube on either side to light up the line. I've burned out 3 tubes and broke a 4th in the same time I've been using my Aurora. FYI, I'm mostly fishing for stripers. I bought mine at FC on 35th &T-bird.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 07:05 PM »
I have had as many as 3 Auroras out on one end of a boat and two 3' tube lights at the othe end
of the boat (pontoon) and 90% of action was around the tube lights.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 08:53 PM »
FYI... I make 4 foot tube lights on the site. It's kinda fun if anyone is interested. :)

Billy Hawk saw the one I made at the last SCF last year. I have Aurora's and the Tube lights (I make), and while they draw a ton more of power, the tube lights produce A LOT more light. I've had better fishing nights with those than the Aurora.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43 AM »
I make 4 foot tube lights on the site

We should compare our homebuilt lights sometime.  Did you find a good sourse for clear pvc?

LLL

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 03:54 AM »
I would say... I found a decent source for clear PVC. They're expensive... but EXTREMELY high quality. I would like to find fairly priced and high quality. lol

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 08:50 AM »
So how much will you take for two 4' lights? I might as well give you guys some business instead of shipping my money off to somewheres else. Just PM me and let me know how much and how long they take to make. Thanks in advance.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....
It's learning how to dance in the rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal