Lake Reports > Pleasant

Slabs at Pleasant

(1/2) > >>

ArZFisher:
So ya we have been fishing Pleasant a lot this summer and I have officially caautgh my first slab from their. I really thought it would never happen cause I have tired so many times their be so close to house and all with no luck ever. Until a month and a couple days ago we found em up in the River Arm. I have spent many years chasing those slabs their. Always hearing every year from AZGFD this guy went out and cught this many, and some here and their etc....

So ya I have been catching them under lights at night. Using bait from lake on mostly jigs. First night we caught 5 or 6 with 2 keepers but threw em all back. We were flathead fishing and looking for bait not slabs. I was so surprised to catch my first slab you can see it in pic. Was only a dink but check one off the list of fish to catch at certain places. Next trip was better than last. Found a nice school or school found me with all the lights i have out. Caught 25 or so. Lots of dinks but some nice keepers mixed in only keep 2.

Been out 1 other time focused on flatties and stiil saw this guy catching them slabs. I haven't been out their in 2 weeks so I don't have any real recent reports. Ill be out their Saturday night with some frinds looking for some slabs and a Monster flattie. Here some pics from trips.

Frist pic my first Dink slab
Second.another dink
Third nice 13in slab
4th borderline keeper my buddy got

OneBlade:
Good to hear AZrFisher. I don't think a lot of us get out to Pleasant enough.

Piscolli:
Its good to see them dinks. It mean there's a future there.

Stevert:
I like it.......we used to catch them pretty good at Plez.........Good work ArZFisher.

Fishless:
good job, that bigger crappie looks like a white crappie? I keep meaning to go farther up river with the lake so much fuller than years pass and fish the submerged trees but I keep chasing striper boils and spooning stripers and never seem to get around to it

thanks for the report good to see there was a spawn last year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version