Author Topic: Slabs at Pleasant  (Read 11991 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Slabs at Pleasant
« on: August 13, 2015, 06:27 PM »
So ya we have been fishing Pleasant a lot this summer and I have officially caautgh my first slab from their. I really thought it would never happen cause I have tired so many times their be so close to house and all with no luck ever. Until a month and a couple days ago we found em up in the River Arm. I have spent many years chasing those slabs their. Always hearing every year from AZGFD this guy went out and cught this many, and some here and their etc....

So ya I have been catching them under lights at night. Using bait from lake on mostly jigs. First night we caught 5 or 6 with 2 keepers but threw em all back. We were flathead fishing and looking for bait not slabs. I was so surprised to catch my first slab you can see it in pic. Was only a dink but check one off the list of fish to catch at certain places. Next trip was better than last. Found a nice school or school found me with all the lights i have out. Caught 25 or so. Lots of dinks but some nice keepers mixed in only keep 2.

Been out 1 other time focused on flatties and stiil saw this guy catching them slabs. I haven't been out their in 2 weeks so I don't have any real recent reports. Ill be out their Saturday night with some frinds looking for some slabs and a Monster flattie. Here some pics from trips.

Frist pic my first Dink slab
Second.another dink
Third nice 13in slab
4th borderline keeper my buddy got

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Slabs at Pleasant
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Good to hear AZrFisher. I don't think a lot of us get out to Pleasant enough.

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 06:09 AM »
Its good to see them dinks. It mean there's a future there.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 02:08 PM »
I like it.......we used to catch them pretty good at Plez.........Good work ArZFisher.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 03:18 PM »
good job, that bigger crappie looks like a white crappie? I keep meaning to go farther up river with the lake so much fuller than years pass and fish the submerged trees but I keep chasing striper boils and spooning stripers and never seem to get around to it

thanks for the report good to see there was a spawn last year.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 03:22 PM »
It's awesome to actually see some crappie reports, especially at Plez.

Now that the boat's upholstery, carpet, and motor are all good, I'm going to have to make a few runs up there really soon.
Let us know if you continue to catch them while you're out.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 05:19 PM »
Good work! Great to see!
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 07:22 PM »
Thx everyone. Yup it was my first white Crappie to i just realized. I know about them stripper boils i see all the time and always say one morning im gonna go try but never do. Always to tired from being up all night. Ill be on the look out tomorrow night and will see if we run into them again. Ill post report probably late sunday afternoon or night.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Wow great report to read, thank you ArZFisher. Even better to see a big white crappie out of there being thats the only lake in the state that has em. I used to fish what I think is the same area in the river arm of the lake years ago in a little 12 ft aluminum boat we could drive in and launch off table mesa entrance when the eagle closure prevented most bigger boats in the spring.  Awesome trips for mixed bags.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal