Author Topic: Alamo  (Read 2701 times)

wadefisherman

Alamo
« on: September 06, 2015, 06:48 PM »
Had my sister in law is visiting from Texas with her boyfriend, he dragged his big ranger bass boat out here and wanted to fish for bass for a few days. Hit Saguaro yesterday and got skunked, went to Alamo today and the skunk got really bad working the west shoreline. So headed to the dam and put a couple of roadrunners on. Tons of fish on the graph and tossed that out picked up a 10" crappie and then zilch. Went back to drop shot and picked up a bass. Gave up & off the water by 10:00. I think the night bite could be productive in that area. Talked to a ranger and he said the catfish and crappie have been producing at night. He said day trippers haven't had much luck due to an abundance of baitfish.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 04:38 AM »
Poor old alamo lake even though it gained 7' this spring is now lower than it was last year at this time with no summer runoff at all, sure hope El Nino helps that lake or by spring we may be fishing off shore
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal