Author Topic: New to Crappie  (Read 4349 times)

Offline desertdingo

New to Crappie
« on: January 20, 2011, 01:50 PM »
Hey All,
buddy turned me on to this last year and i am hooked.  heading out this weekend to rosey but was wondering about san carlos.  we went there once last year but have no idea of when it normally starts getting good there.  i havent seen any reports so not sure if we should just stick with rosey or mabye rosey in the morning and san carlos for a evening bite?  thoughts?

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Re: New to Crappie
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 06:09 PM »
I would say a crap-shout right now. Rosey for me now and save the extra $$.

Offline desertdingo

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:37 PM »
thx for input will prob just follow the flotilla and see what happens:)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Read the AZ Game & Fish report (http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/FishingReport/index.shtml) as that gives crappie reports that Bill and others provide on a weekly basis.  I think there are lake reports on AZcrappie that may have fairly recent info, not sure.  That'll at least help you go where everyone else is going.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad.   I guess if you can post how you did in the azcrappie lake reports, we can all learn from you!

Offline ScottyD

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:17 PM »
I'm new to Arizona crappie, but in Michigan late winter ice fishing (March/Early April) or Spring after the thaw, early morning was always better. We ice fish them about an hour before light with a lantern on the ice and once the sun was up about a half hour the bite would drop off to maybe 1 to 2 fish an hour. In spring drifting the first hour or so in the morning was always the best and the last hour before dark was good.

I'm still figuring things out here, but my first trip to Alamo a couple of weeks ago I did better between 2 and 4 pm. 

Offline desertdingo

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:20 AM »
well the report is bad!  on at first light and off at 4.  one small bass and no crappie.  slow for everyone out yesterday, did not see many pulled up.  well i will try again in a couple of weeks if we see some better water temps. :violent1:

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:11 PM »
Thanks for cluing us in, now I know my next trip will be to Alamo.
GOD BLESS

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal