Author Topic: Helping Out at the Spring Crappie Fest April 6th at Alamo Lake  (Read 564 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Hey all, Spring Crappie Fest (SCF) 2024 is just one month away at Alamo Lake April 6. We have the large group site Wednesday to Sunday that week.  You can read more about the event details here: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,5057.0.html

We desperately need your help in making this year's event to be one of the best. Please reply here with how you can help.

* Help Run Tournament: This is a low-effort position and you'll have help from me and Timbo.  And, you can fish the tournament as well. Just need someone to check livewells, take entry forms/money from 5:45-6:00am and then after tournament setup the scale, perform the weigh-in between 2:30-3:00pm, announce winners, present trophies, and take pictures.

* Raffle Tickets Sales: I'll provide the tickets you just need to sell the tickets after the meeting. You won't be able to match Tommy FishMan's skill and excitement, but please try your best. AZCA members can help at the event and purchase tickets as the sales not only pay the club back for the prizes, but help pay for the events.

* Fish Fry: This is at least a 2 or 3-man job.  You'd bring frier, oil, supplies, etc. and fry the fish, hushpuppies, etc. along with all of the cleanup the following day.  The AZCA will reimburse you for cost of oil and batter.

* Membership Renewal: All existing AZCA members can save me and membership director time and renew your annual membership now online before the event.  Follow instructions in email I sent you, and if you lost the email or have any problems, please text/call me and I can help.

* Membership Forms: Kevin (Tweeder) won't be able to make this event, so we need someone to step up and get the remaining membership forms and payments from the remaining AZCA members who haven't renewed by the event date.

* Meeting Notes: I just need someone to take notes during the AZCA meeting mainly attendees, prospects, and any decisions (e.g. BHCC 2024 and SCF 2025 dates).

* Clean Fish: Clean the fish and keep them on ice prior to the fish fry.  Bring your cleaning knives, extension cord, some gallon ziplock bags, and extra ice.

* Generator: The covered ramada at the large group site only runs lights when connected to a generator. Bring your generator and setup at the large group site Friday and Saturday evenings.

* Fire Wood: Bring a bag of firewood and enough members do this we'll have nice campfires Friday and Saturday nights.

* Poker Tournament: Tommy FishMan won't be at the event to run the tournament. But it would be great to run a game Saturday night, so we'd need someone to bring poker chips, cards, table cloth, etc. and make the tournament happen.

* Surprise Food or Drink: AZCA members have some great hunting and cooking skills. I've had some great foods and drinks made by AZCA members. Bring some cool stuff to share with the group.

I'll send out another reminder closer to the event, but even if you sign up for one of the above, please contribute to the potluck:

* Potluck: Bring plenty of plates, bowls, napkins, and plasticware for everyone to use

* Potluck: Bring main dish, side dish, dessert, or drinks to share. Reply here with what you are bringing so we don't have duplicates.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Helping Out at the Spring Crappie Fest April 6th at Alamo Lake
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 06:10 PM »
I spoke with Dave (sparkchaser) and sounds like he'll be stepping up and doing the fish fry (with Larry and Mac as needed)

Who's gonna help out with other items?

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 02:21 PM »
I should be able to help out with the raffle. 

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 07:00 PM »
Stevert....you're my hero!!!!  Thank you.  I'm very sorry I can't make it this year.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 07:01 PM »
For tradition.....don't forget to use a LLL pasta pot for mixing up the tickets.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal