Author Topic: Wild Willie Tribute @ Alamo 10-3-2015  (Read 5353 times)

Piscolli

Wild Willie Tribute @ Alamo 10-3-2015
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:10 AM »
Myself and several other AZCA members had the privilege of joining the Reese family yesterday to celebrate the life of Mr. William P. Reese.

Bill (Paul to his family) was born on Oct. 2, 1937 and left this world on May 11, 2015. Bill was many things to many people. To the AZCA he was a founding member, our first club treasurer and usually the life of the party. But most of all he was our big brother. He always had a cool story or a funny joke to tell. He loved flirting with our wives/ girlfriends and goofing around with our children. We miss him dearly and will never forget what he meant to us.

Along with others at the event we meet his sister Frankie, his grand daughter Crystal and his 96 year old mother Granny. And we got to see Gabe, Bill's friend of more than 35 years. Bill's family was very honored to hear that we have named our big fish award at our events the "Wild Willie".

I would like to thank the Reese family and Gabe, along my AZCA family members Fish Hawk, Sandman, Patty, Wadefisherman and Barb for a very special event on an absolutely beautiful day at as Bill used to call, "The Alamo".

Offline sandman

• View Profile
Re: Wild Willie Tribute @ Alamo 10-3-2015
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 03:57 PM »
It was a great memorial. Just as he would have wanted it to be. We had a good time with his sisters and mom and learned a lot about Willie and the ranch that they lived on that was to become Alamo lake.

Gabe said that when they spread the ashes, the water turned yellow. I told him it was all piss and vinegar!

We're really going to miss that guy.