Author Topic: 5 Dec 15  (Read 6480 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: 5 Dec 15
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 10:12 AM »
Kind of hard to stay when not getting bit and only 1 fish at 1505.  I'd have been home and taking a nap by that time!

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 10:24 AM »
But if I came home I would have been put to work probably :D
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 10:45 AM »
Way to stick it out Dick. And I think you are absolutely right on the turnover, should calm down in a bit and get back to amazing.
 Thanks for the report, even not so good news is informative and helps us all out.
GOD BLESS

Offline Top Deck

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Well this is not what I wanted to hear.. I have had a trip to Alamo planned for this coming weekend for several weeks and was looking forward to some good fishing. Between the turnover and the front moving in It very well could end up being a bust...

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 03:10 PM »
I have heard from several sources here in AZ that due to our lakes not being very deep on average and not having the big temperature changes (like freezing over etc.)  that turn overs do not occur for the most part on AZ lakes at lower elevations etc.  :dontknow: what you describe sure sounds like a turn over :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 03:36 PM »
I can not say one way or another personally. What I posted originally about the turnover was copied off Arizona Game and Fish Dept website. Cold water is heavier than warm water and when surface temps get lower than the temp of water below the thermocline it sinks and the warmer water rises. I totally understand how and why, I just can't say "that is what has happened" or if it even happens at Alamo.
Forgot to add that water temp was 52.7 when starting out at 08:30. Rose to mid 53's by mid afternoon.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 04:41 PM »
I tried today & didn't get a bite all day. Water temp 54 air temp 67 on the way home.
Had fun!

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 05:19 PM »
Glad you had fun Timbo.....and now I feel a little better feeling like it wasn't just me!
And, IT IS ALWAYS FUN!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal