Author Topic: Minn Kota TM for sale  (Read 7734 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Minn Kota TM for sale
« on: January 22, 2011, 09:57 PM »
I wanted to post this here first for the members before putting it on the AZBZ. I have ordered a Minn Kota Terrova I-Pilot trolling motor thru Ernie at Martin Marine. In about two weeks I should have my Minn Kota Powerdrive 24 volt 80 lb. trolling motor for sale. It has autopilot and hand held co-pilot and is in excellant condition. It has a 54" shaft. I am asking $650. If your interested you can call my cell phone at 928-701-1229 ......Art

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Minn Kota TM for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:48 PM »
Oh wow. That sounds like a pretty sweet TM.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 08:48 AM »
hey art if this is still available color me in for very interested mine bit it, rope broke turning gears shot im a thinkin. ill find out this week.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Art, the only thing I found to be problem with the I-Pilot is how close you anchor
to structure, keep 1.5 boat length in all directions from structure. 

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Fish Hawk, I assume your talking about spot-locking close to trees?  I'm running LOL's right now but haven't spot-locked yet but it sure works great for keeping me on course next to the channel across from Schoolhouse! ......Art

T.K.O n Da Crappie

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 01:52 AM »
Fish Hawk, I assume your talking about spot-locking close to trees?  I'm running LOL's right now but haven't spot-locked yet but it sure works great for keeping me on course next to the channel across from Schoolhouse! ......Art

Hey Art,

I feel like your speaking a foreign language! Any chance when you get a little extra time you could give us a tutorial on the difference between what trolling motor you were using and the new trolling motor your upgrading too?

Or maybe a tutorial on trolling motors in general, with your preferences and why one would choose a certain type of TM over the other. That would be awesome and help some of us understand the benefits of choosing the right equipment related to pursuing crappie. It would also help us to make better or more informed choices when it comes time for a new trolling motor or if we're considering an upgrade. I'm sure trolling motor considerations for crappie boats/fishing are different than the 101lb thrust motors used on large bass boats. Choosing the right trolling motor with the right features could make all the difference in the world and improve our crappie catches!  :headbang:

So if you have the time to share your experience and advice on choosing a new trolling motor, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit from your expertise and experience.

Maybe you could even post some pics of your new TM on your boat so we can see what you got. That way we'd also have a visual for how it's set up.  :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance,

TKO

:)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 10:54 AM »
TKO, I don't have the ability to post pictures but you can go on www.minnkotamotors.com to see the motors and their specs. Basically my Powerdrive 80 lb. has Autopilot which stays headed in the same direction when you activate it. Copilot is a hand held remote I hook on the ring on my life jacket and can stop-start, turn left or right, speed up or slow down with a touch of the button. On the Torrova I-Pilot you have the same features plus you can plot a trolling track and follow that recorded path time and again with out touching anything. You also can spot-lock for verticle fishing and stay right on the chosen spot and even return to it later. Fish Hawk has been running this unit much longer than I have and can add to this info. I hope this helps........Art

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 06:41 AM »
so art im deducting that you ran with lotsa saw his set up and decided to upgrade? im still interested but am a little nervous that unlike the normal joes tm you have some significant hours on yours. whats the history and what if anything do you do to maintain the tm.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 11:33 AM »
I am getting the Terrova when I get back from deployment!

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 09:06 PM »
The TM I'm selling is the one I purchased from Lee Gassaway's widow when he passed away. It has a lot less hours than the other one I'm keeping. There is really no maintinance to do but I treat all my equiptment with kid gloves because it is my bread and butter. .........Art

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal