Author Topic: Float tube fishing  (Read 4503 times)

Offline NavyVet

Float tube fishing
« on: January 27, 2016, 11:46 AM »
Just got a float tube for my birthday last Friday and I am wondering if anyone else float tubes here or is it just going to be me. Would like to go out and give it a try. Anyone know of where and when the best paces and times of the year are to go.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Float tube fishing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 05:54 AM »
I don't float tube fish but I know guys that fish the butcher jones beach area and cove at saguaro, another popular area is the (closed to powered water craft) cove at Canyon lake but I can't remember the name of the cove. I do see guys fishing from float tubes in rattle snake cove at Bartlett (it is also closed to powered water craft) safe areas for a float tube with out getting run over by a fishing boat going 30mph
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:01 AM »
Fishless nailed the first 3 locations that I thought of. What makes all 3 of them nice is easy access, easy parking, no 60 MPH boats racing by. I've not float tubed in many years, but it is a great way to get out, slow the day down, and really catch a lot of fish.  Good luck.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:19 AM »
In the spring we used to find Crappie spawning in the back of Boulder Cove at Canyon. It's easy to put in and there's no motors allowed.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 06:01 AM »
In the spring we used to find Crappie spawning in the back of Boulder Cove at Canyon. It's easy to put in and there's no motors allowed.

that's the name of the cove at Canyon, had a senior moment and could not remember it
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal