Author Topic: New BPS Crappie Maxx Rods in stock  (Read 12318 times)

Offline TRITOON

Re: New BPS Crappie Maxx Rods in stock
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 08:05 AM »
OK this is the second time I have heard the term "spider rigging". What is that?
:iagree:    me too
GOD BLESS

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 12:00 PM »
Must be a closely guarded secret tritoon. ;D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....
It's learning how to dance in the rain.

Piscolli

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 12:30 PM »
Thanks Bill!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....
It's learning how to dance in the rain.

wadefisherman

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Nice link, good info there.

Piscolli

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 10:31 AM »
BPS now has the Pro, Signature and Might Lite series'. Pro's are ML, Sigs L and ML UL actions, all in lengths for 5'6" to 12'. Here's the link to BPS: http://www.basspro.com/Freshwater-Fishing-Rods-Crappie/_/N-1z11dce#Category

They are selling very well so it would be a good idea to call the store and check stock.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 02:01 PM »
As a newbie crappie fisherman, I didn't think much about the type of rod.  But after slow trolling 4 lines from my boat this weekend, I realized I need at least two things.  I need longer rods at least for the front 2 poles and I need good rod holders.  My current rod holder is whatever on the floor I can put my rod next to.  I saw the real benefit of having 10' or 12' poles as well as taller rod holders.  I plan to check Bass Pro for both of these items before my next outing.

Offline sandman

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 07:24 PM »
As a newbie crappie fisherman, I didn't think much about the type of rod.  But after slow trolling 4 lines from my boat this weekend, I realized I need at least two things.  I need longer rods at least for the front 2 poles and I need good rod holders.  My current rod holder is whatever on the floor I can put my rod next to.  I saw the real benefit of having 10' or 12' poles as well as taller rod holders.  I plan to check Bass Pro for both of these items before my next outing.

That setup can be great and it can also get you in trouble real quick if it's windy or you get one or two lines hung up. When you stop to un-snag, all of your lines drop to the bottom. It really works best with a couple of people in the boat and braided line so you can pull most snags loose without upsetting your entire rig.

We use two long rods (10', 11' or 12') and two 6 footers. With different baits on all 8 hooks, you can find out what they want to hit and switch a few of your drops over pretty quick. When it gets really crackin', we back off to only two rods. That's all we can manage with just the two of us in the boat.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal